Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Market Lane View.jpg
Jarvis view.jpg
These are two new (to me anyway) renderings of the current version.

Attachments

• Market Lane View.jpg
    Market Lane View.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 630
  • Jarvis view.jpg
    Jarvis view.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 581
Still don't like it, and I want the original version back, or don't build it and spend the money on transit instead.

Still looks pretty good ... I'll take it ... I would like to see renderings on the inside.

But, a fear ... 90 million, doesn't that seem a little low actually, even with the design, given all the parking, how much is the Ryerson building costing, seems comparable size wise.

So the fear is even more cheapening,

I have flip-flopped on this proposal. The latest rendering, as posted above, has prompted me to sign a petition in favor of this development. I think the current design has merit, except for those nasty red vents at street level.

I say "BUILD THIS" ..... it has colours that is consistence with the surroundings ..... I like it.

As expected the new design looks just as acceptable with a proper rendering - and yes the fins are supposed to be terracotta. Very 80s tech before it gets overly exuberent in form. Beats NIMBYTECH.

AoD

Last edited:
Yeah, my only sore point is the lost of the curved glass staircase/elevator shaft and the public space at the foot. Too bad there are no interior renderings - the top floor courtrooms look like they might be rather spectacular spaces.

AoD

Need to see the interior to make any aesthetic judgments but those renderings do look very promising.

Yeah, my only sore point is the lost of the curved glass staircase/elevator shaft and the public space at the foot. Too bad there are no interior renderings - the top floor courtrooms look like they might be rather spectacular spaces.

AoD

Agree entirely. In some ways, I think I like this one better. The staircase is indeed a sore point but as it would have been massively expensive to construct its hardly surprising it was jettisoned.

PE:

Yeah, I didn't think it would make it through - and besides, even if they do it they will probably do it with capped mullions - and that would have wrecked it completely.

AoD

I can't help but feel disappointed by the most recent proposal. The revised structure as a whole is fine. But it is missing the "woah" status that its predecessor had. For such a historically significant pocket of Toronto I think we deserve something more substantive than a pair of D+S inspired glass and brick barns.

Last edited:

Back