Toronto St Lawrence Market North | 25.3m | 5s | City of Toronto | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Comparing green roofs and cladding. (63 Front St E, The Berczy)
6B60CC33-A3B1-4A25-A48B-AEDFA0F608EA.jpeg

So what are the death spikes for? It can’t be another layer. :) Another safety rail.
F46CAA4A-9CFB-4207-BCD9-39CD668EA739.jpeg

5E894553-2CF5-4EE9-9128-883C611597C9.jpeg

I assume this is for the rest of the green roof.

Jarvis St from Front St E to King St E​

Id:R6850100

Closure Type:Hazard

Time Frame:Daily

Until:July 16, 2023

Hours:7:00 am to 7:00 pm

Severity Impact:Major

Road Class:Major Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor:Modern Crane

Description:Toronto-TMC: Occupying north and southbound lane due to crane hoisting material

For me, this has gone from what might have been a slick bit of modernism to a quirky little thing. Its detailing and textures, its curious colours against the grey (the orange, the blue and green of the roof) and its moderate scale all work unexpectedly together. In a good way. For its size, it's always got something to reveal.

For me, this has gone from what might have been a slick bit of modernism to a quirky little thing. Its detailing and textures, its curious colours against the grey (the orange, the blue and green of the roof) and its moderate scale all work unexpectedly together. In a good way. For its size, it's always got something to reveal.
It’s not as dramatic as OCAD, but like that build I feel like it’s gonna be fine once it’s open and used. I think the orange fins will weather, and/or end up with ads or art plastic wrapped on at some point.

Here's a closer look at what I believe is called, Palmer's Sedum. It'll be a whole new look up there come autumn, not that I'm trying to rush things...

View attachment 492858

View attachment 492859

Sedums aren't my area of expertise by a longshot, but I thought Palmer was only hardy to USDA zone 8 (up to 11) which is to say it would not like Toronto's winters.

Back