News   May 06, 2024
 132     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 442     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Toronto St. Clair West Transit Improvements | ?m | ?s | TTC

I thought they were "benches" that you kinda lean on, I guess they are good if your tall, useless if short!!

I have a feeling that someone tall will sit on one, fall onto the road, and get crushed by oncoming traffic, and then sue the TTC for millions for negligence.

Thanks for the pics. I love the way it looks. Im closer to the west end of St. Clair so I rarely get to see the completed ROW. Its looking great!

Does anyone know why the ROW from Dufferin going west is being built at the same level as the street? What happened to the raised ROW?

I drove past it yesterday - it only appears level where a side street intersects with St. Clair. They haven't started pouring concrete yet on the rest of that section - most of the track has been laid; kinda hard to tell whizzing by in a car.

The final coat of concrete will put the tracks at road level.

This only happen at intersection for Phase one, but most of the ROW will be at grade for phase 2.

The St Clair loop will not be ready until next week from my conversation with the contractor on Monday.

Haft of the hording is down and you can see crew still working on the expansion joint. Concrete has been pour between the rails.

The final coat of concrete will put the tracks at road level.

This only happen at intersection for Phase one, but most of the ROW will be at grade for phase 2.

The St Clair loop will not be ready until next week from my conversation with the contractor on Monday.

Haft of the hording is down and you can see crew still working on the expansion joint. Concrete has been pour between the rails.

Drum, do you know if it will be at grade plus a six inch high curb on the edges of the tracks? Seems pointless to build a ROW if it's going to be at grade. And wondering if this is a result of some of the opposition to the project along the Corso Italia stretch of track.

Drum, do you know if it will be at grade plus a six inch high curb on the edges of the tracks? Seems pointless to build a ROW if it's going to be at grade. And wondering if this is a result of some of the opposition to the project along the Corso Italia stretch of track.

Very possible that it will be a curb, but will not known until the road work take place.

At the last committee meeting last year, the ROW was to be as per phase 1.

Very possible that it will be a curb, but will not known until the road work take place.

At the last committee meeting last year, the ROW was to be as per phase 1.

Any idea what the timeline is for reconstruction of the road itself? It's a disaster along the entire stretch of St. Clair.

The rumour, or perhaps hope, along the Corso is that it is to be repaved in conjunction with the ROW being completed. St. Clair is in the worse shape I've ever seen it in, which is a shame, as it really could be a grand boulevard of sorts.

They literally ran the streetcars up until the tracks were completely degraded.

The stretch from Vaughan to Oakwood is so badly damaged at this point it must be in the worse shape of any street in the GTA. I saw an enormous section of concrete heaved almost a foot off the road surface this morning, just west of Humewood. Any car that runs over that will be severly damaged. The rails at Winona are completely exposed. The emergency asphalt patching from two weeks ago (to cover the emergency patching from two months ago) has sunk about 6 inches down underneath them. The foundation of the road itself must be in really bad shape.
The sidewalks are a disaster too... what's left of them after the hydro work.

I forsee the road being shutdown and the reconstruction project greatly accelerated.

Back