Toronto Spire Condos | 144.77m | 45s | Context Development | a—A

It's hard to see in CDL's shot from Yonge Street, but there are brown panels as well as the yellows and grays on the west facade. I noticed them tiday for the first time.

I wonder why they only appear on one side...

Maybe those ones really are plywood...

No no, deeeep brown. (I know you're kidding, but I am interested in whether anyone else has noticed them yet or photographed them.)

The panels I saw from Yonge were so high up that I couldn't say for sure if they are or aren't plywood, but they seemed to be a solid, (painted?) colour, fitting in with the overall scattered coloured panel scheme.

I wish I had a photos to show what I mean...

Spire from St. Lawrence Hall...

DSCN2791.jpg

DSCN2799.jpg

hmm- probably not a good thing if a peppy design feature is mistaken for pieces of plywood. However this building turned out very well overall imho, and the landscaping looks great so far.

I'm hoping it will be an east side location of "Fresh and Wild." The space is perfect for it.

I walked by this evening as the sun was setting and it looked stunning. The lights of the unit, the fading blue sky and the glass were a feast for the eyes. A shame about the base however.

Question for those owning here. I noticed they had the window cleaning scaffold out today. Do they only clean the balcony glass or do they also get onto the balcony and clean the windows as well?

Question for those owning here. I noticed they had the window cleaning scaffold out today. Do they only clean the balcony glass or do they also get onto the balcony and clean the windows as well?

Oh no, is he trying to sell the Spire to you to!

Total BS!

I live there and was wondering the same thing as well. It seems like the scaffolding has been in place forever and my side of the building has not been touched yet (and the windows need cleaning!). I'll let you know...hoping it's done soon!

There is an expression, a bit of a double-entendre, I heard in the US (California) a few years back: "... as like a Monet". At first I thought it was a complement, but it means looks good from afar but confusing or unattractive up close.

I think that is how I see this building - as like a Monet. If nothing else it will look good on the skyline.

I walked by the building today, looked at the concrete cinder blocks and pre-cast at the base, and thought the same thing.

The painted cinder block rather than cladding is the ultimate cheap out. And in such a prominant location at that.

Back