Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I thought about that too but in order to make it work with the frequency there'll need to be multiple switches to handle the trains coming in every 90 sec

Finch West station is above ground now.

21498666914_7b206fff1a_h.jpg

Half the trains short-turn at St. Clair West in AM peak.
The short turn was supposed to have moved to Glencairn a few years ago (would improve service from Eglinton West and Lawrence West) but year after year it goes chopped from the budget.

Look at all that density! Who needs a DRL!
I had to drive out that way over the summer to pick up a piece of furniture. It was my first time in that part of Toronto and was absolutely shocked to see a subway being built underground next to basically single-family homes. Not something you usually see around the world.

I can't remember, was the underground connection for the Finch West LRT at Finch West built too, or will that be built later?

Look at all that density! Who needs a DRL!

There's lots of density to the west of the station. It will be well used especially with the Finch West LRT. And there's room for a lot more density directly around the station and both south on Keele and east on Finch.

There's lots of density to the west of the station. It will be well used especially with the Finch West LRT. And there's room for a lot more density directly around the station and both south on Keele and east on Finch.

There are a lot of apartment buildings around the area. I doubt those talking about density have even been up there. It will also connect to the Finch West LRT and also buses on Keele. Most stations depend on bus transfers for most passengers anyways. How much density is on Bloor and Danforth? Most of the neighbourhoods around the Bloor Danforth Line are all single family housing.

Last edited:
I had to drive out that way over the summer to pick up a piece of furniture. It was my first time in that part of Toronto and was absolutely shocked to see a subway being built underground next to basically single-family homes. Not something you usually see around the world.

As silly as it seems to be splurging scarce capital on the building of costly deep bore heavy rail alongside highways and petroleum storage tanks, at least there's some pedestrian activity around Keele/Finch. Compare that with north of Steeles where there's nary a soul in sight and the area is the lowest density centre in the Greater Golden Horseshoe. On top of that development is nothing to write home about imo. A 10-storey office building surrounded by parking lots, and a suburban condo - which from its ads seems to cater to car users (i.e embellishment of large tree-lined driveway and general auto-centricity, very few pedestrians shown, etc). Plus, they have a pro-sprawl city council which overwhelmingly supports 11th hour plans for unstudied expansion onto protected and environmentally-significant greenbelt. Not certain, but I'd guess that decision (and possibly more like it in the future) would protract build-out of VMC or decrease potential density.

Somewhat related, but the Town of Vaughan released a 3D model video of its area and which I hadn't seen posted before:

As silly as it seems to be splurging scarce capital on the building of costly deep bore heavy rail alongside highways and petroleum storage tanks, at least there's some pedestrian activity around Keele/Finch. Compare that with north of Steeles where there's nary a soul in sight and the area is the lowest density centre in the Greater Golden Horseshoe. On top of that development is nothing to write home about imo. A 10-storey office building surrounded by parking lots, and a suburban condo - which from its ads seems to cater to car users (i.e embellishment of large tree-lined driveway and general auto-centricity, very few pedestrians shown, etc). Plus, they have a pro-sprawl city council which overwhelmingly supports 11th hour plans for unstudied expansion onto protected and environmentally-significant greenbelt. Not certain, but I'd guess that decision (and possibly more like it in the future) would protract build-out of VMC or decrease potential density.

Somewhat related, but the Town of Vaughan released a 3D model video of its area and which I hadn't seen posted before:

Is that really all the redevelopment they're planning?

Back