Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Yesterday morning (ca. 8:45) had dangerous overcrowding at St George due to delays on line 1 southbound.
Once again, it did not occur to the TTC to suggest that Line 2 commuters transfer at Spadina instead. Transferring at St George, it was difficult to even get up the stairs from the line 2 platform to the line 1 platform.

Yesterday morning (ca. 8:45) had dangerous overcrowding at St George due to delays on line 1 southbound.
Once again, it did not occur to the TTC to suggest that Line 2 commuters transfer at Spadina instead. Transferring at St George, it was difficult to even get up the stairs from the line 2 platform to the line 1 platform.

Disgusting. Has Tory put together a team yet to work exclusively on the relief line to expedite its construction, as recommended??

Yeah right, cuz Toronto.

The union representing contract faculty and teaching assistants at York University has voted to go on strike as of Monday. In past strikes, TTC buses have stayed off campus. Now the subway station should be unaffected by picket lines. I wonder how many of the non-striking York commuters will switch from driving to the subway?

Sources tell me that they're going to picket inside the subway tunnels to trains cant pass :D

In regards to the York strike:
All TTC buses are stopping on Steeles West and not going into Pioneer Village.

GO Transit is stopping at Founders Rd. & Steeles West (South side) and the stops have been relocated to there.

Brampton ZÜM is stopping and picking up passengers at Founders Rd. & Steeles West (North side).

YRT & VIVA are heading straight to Pioneer Village.

Lightspell was partially turned on @ Pioneer Village. Any update on the dispute?
IMG_20180313_160818.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180313_160818.jpg
    IMG_20180313_160818.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 363
Still too long of an unnecessary trek from the bus bay to the Pioneer Village platform. If only it were like Kipling where the platform is only one level and directly underneath the bus bay.

I think I might be the only one who isn't complaining about the walk between the bus terminal and the subway platform level. I actually enjoy it strangely enough. I don't know what it is but the walk is actually a bit therapeutic, it might be because of the station architecture, the airiness, the decor, the warmer lighting; I really can't put the finger on it but those are what I feel are influencing my opinion. One thing for sure is that the walk is really nice after having to sit on the train from downtown (throw in the slow crawl to and through Wilson Yard).

Still too long of an unnecessary trek from the bus bay to the Pioneer Village platform. If only it were like Kipling where the platform is only one level and directly underneath the bus bay.

Try trekking from the YRT bus terminal to the south exit at the end of the TTC bus terminal. You can't even do it indoors without paying a TTC fare.

Try trekking from the YRT bus terminal to the south exit at the end of the TTC bus terminal. You can't even do it indoors without paying a TTC fare.
That might change when the Jane LRT/Steeles BRT's underground station gets built :D. But I don't see it happening since the fare gates are at the entrances rather than down closer to the "concourse level". Therefore it would require a redesign of the station for a "bypass".

Rode the extension for the first time yesterday. Despite the York University Strike, Finch West, Pioneer Village, and especially York University were heavily used, even during the midday when I rode. Hwy 407 was a desert, Vaughan MC was meh, and DVP was surprisingly well used. I'd estimate daily usages of:

FW: ~10-12K PPD
PV: 10-15K PPD
YU: 25-35K PPD
HWY 407: 1-2K PPD
VMC: 2-5K PPD
DVP: 5-8K PPD

The trains had about half the seats full leaving Sheppard West

Also, the walk from the bus terminal at PV and the platform isn't that long. Only about 1 minute and 30 seconds or less if you walk the escalators. And it's a nice walk; the concrete walls look amazing and the panels really fit in with it.

Also, the walk from the bus terminal at PV and the platform isn't that long. Only about 1 minute and 30 seconds or less if you walk the escalators

If you're referring to the recent discussion in the thread, PV station is configured with a parking lot at the north end, then the YRT bus terminal, then a concourse level for the subway station, then platform level, then another concourse level on the south side, then the TTC bus terminal. While the walk between the platform and either bus terminal is quite short, the walk from a YRT bus to a TTC bus, or from the parking lot (farthest north) to the bus terminal's south exit (farthest south), is quite long and requires payment of a TTC fare.

Back