Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Thanks Mike.

Maybe they could have a chat with their counterparts in York Region so that they could look into buying some of the properties on the north side of Steeles for a bus terminal, rather than the preposterous Great Hall of Buses that they're building to keep it within city limits.

Thanks Mike.

Maybe they could have a chat with their counterparts in York Region so that they could look into buying some of the properties on the north side of Steeles for a bus terminal, rather than the preposterous Great Hall of Buses that they're building to keep it within city limits.

Last time I checked, most of the bus terminals at Steeles Station are going to be on the north side of Steeles, and the TTC's terminal is not that big either.

This will end the 196A Rocket to York University.

Hoppefully that will increase the service of the 196B from Downview to Sheppard-Yonge Subway.

The 84 bus takes too long. There is heavy traffic during rush hours and the buses are full.

Last time I checked, most of the bus terminals at Steeles Station are going to be on the north side of Steeles, and the TTC's terminal is not that big either.

The entire bus terminal will be a giant underground facility with three ramp entrances directly under Steeles Avenue, and therefore within Toronto city limits. It will be the largest bus terminal in the city, and at a station that isn't even the last stop on the line.

It just means that the pointlessly oversized Steeles Ave bus terminal will at least be on the surface.

Actually, if there's one place I could support a massive underground bus terminal with multiple entry ramps, it would be York University station.

Queen West station should be name Parkdale station

There used to be a train station at Dufferin/Queen/Gladstone for years called the Parkdale station, opposite the Gladstone Hotel.

Makes sense to me to name it the Parkdale station.

If there ends up to be a secondary entrance one block south of Dufferin from Queen, then the station should be designed as a crystal. Any colours for the station should also include red, blue, and yellow. The name of the street 1 block south of Queen: Joe Shuster Way. See this link if you don't know who he is.​

Update:

• The TTC is currently pre-qualifying artists to join the design teams for the TYSSE;
  • The artists will participate in the design of the six new stations and inte- grate artwork into each one;
  • The pre-qualification stage has been launched and after February 19 a jury will shortlist up-to-18 finalists for interviews;
  • From the shortlist, previously awarded station designers will rank their top-six finalists;
  • A request for proposals will be issued to the finalists before the interview process begins.

This will end the 196A Rocket to York University.

Hoppefully that will increase the service of the 196B from Downview to Sheppard-Yonge Subway.

The 84 bus takes too long. There is heavy traffic during rush hours and the buses are full.

Thank God! Unfortunately, unless something goes horribly wrong, I'll have graduated York by then. Once it's finally done, I think I'll ride the route simply to enjoy what might have been........:)

I've noticed a few indications that work may be starting soon at the Vaughan end. Of course, it's probably premature to say construction has begun, but nonetheless it's encouraging to see anything sort of happen.

Last week at some point I noticed that a pair of signs were erected just west of the Future Shop on Highway 7 with regards to the subway. These two signs are pretty big (20x30 feet) with a picture of a subway saying "Start Your Trip in Vaughan" or something to that extent.

And this morning I noticed a new sign where the terminus of the extension will be. This was like one of the those construction signs you see at the side of a highway indicating what type of road construction is going on with the project name and completiong date. I was driving and wasn't able to read it all as it was barely a glance. Also, right by this sign was a construction vehicle that looked quite similar to a shoring machine.

My office looks directly onto the empty field where the VCC station is going so I will have another look to see what sort of activity (if any) is happening.

The TTC is (or soon will be, as they've set money aside for this) actively purchasing numerous properties along Keele for the station and tunnel allowance at Finch. They *may* actually pull down the townhouses I used to live at across the street from the McGuigan school (my old high school).

Back