305.2 KB · Views: 1,884
  • DSC02034.jpg
    DSC02034.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 1,911
  • DSC02036.jpg
    DSC02036.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 2,134
From the CEO Report:
This summer is critical for completion of civil works and I pleased to report delivery of a number of key milestones. The king piles have now been removed from the train way at Pioneer Village Station, thereby enabling track to be laid through that site.

At Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a 2,200 cubic meter concrete placement was delivered to construct the elliptical ring beam and cross-beams. This was a critical milestone as it will enable the station to be closed up before the winter to allow fit-out to continue apace.

In parallel, systems fitment is under way as is very close interface with the TTC’s ATC team to ensure that signaling installation remains on critical path.

I will report back by year end on the final cost of the project, once detailed evaluation and negotiation has been undertaken on contractor claims. The detailed forensic analysis required to achieve a fair outcome is making good progress.

The TYSSE project is now targeted for opening by the end of 2017 and the project budget has been increased by $150M. To guide the project towards this goal, a third party project management firm, Bechtel, has been retained to implement a comprehensive project reset, including working with contractors and obtaining agreement for an end of 2017 opening date, developing a process and timeline to resolve outstanding claims, and establishing a collaborative environment to develop a common goal and improve project relationships.

Mobilization of Bechtel personnel is complete and they have been fully integrated into the TYSSE project team.

The work of establishing the baseline schedule, the project budget and resetting the relationships with contractors hascommenced with the target of achieving the critical task within the 120 days of project reset.

It is also expected that a detailed assessment of claims will be reported back to the Board by the end of 2015.

I'm not seeing anything new there in that second paragraph. Isn't that the identical t text from the previous two meetings? And the highlighted text about the end of 2017 opening and $150M budget increase has been there since at least April.

It's news enough then, that it hasn't slipped into 2018... yet.
Given the text is unchanged since April, it only indicates the text hasn't been revised.

Days before the opening was moved until December 2017, the same report still said 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still construction signs out there saying 2015 - there was for many months after it slid to 2016.

So... then how about we focus on the new information. Like track-laying set to happen at Steeles.
No need to give old news more attention than new news.

Given the text is unchanged since April, it only indicates the text hasn't been revised.

Days before the opening was moved until December 2017, the same report still said 2016.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's still construction signs out there saying 2015 - there was for many months after it slid to 2016.
funny enough, the construction hoarding around VMC station still says 2015 opening.

While at the Reference Library I happened upon the 1993 EA about looping Y-US. I only flipped through it to see the maps, but I thought it was pretty interesting seeing that this project doesn't seem to be heard about much - even though a lot of work went into it. Also note that the location of Vaughan's "centre" wasn't ID'd yet.

Y-US-looping-options.png

Attachments

• Y-US-looping-options.png
    Y-US-looping-options.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,060
They end at a plywood wall now. Natural light is hitting it so they've dug up the ceiling at the very end.

sorry for my ignorance, is the Wilson Yard expansion because of this extension? And if so, is it because of the extra train-sets they'll need for the extension, or is it to take a load off of the Davisville yard? I was always under the impression that a Wilson Yard expansion would be used as a precursor to a Sheppard West extension coupled with a Yonge North Extension to accommodate those extra train sets (considering the tail-end track at RHC wouldn't be able to hold more than a few trains).

sorry for my ignorance, is the Wilson Yard expansion because of this extension? And if so, is it because of the extra train-sets they'll need for the extension, or is it to take a load off of the Davisville yard? I was always under the impression that a Wilson Yard expansion would be used as a precursor to a Sheppard West extension coupled with a Yonge North Extension to accommodate those extra train sets (considering the tail-end track at RHC wouldn't be able to hold more than a few trains).

From the TTC:

"The TTC’s Wilson Yard is undergoing a significant expansion of the rail yard and supporting maintenance facilities. The expansions are required to accommodate the needs for Toronto Rocket (TR) train storage and as a result of the introduction of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) and increasing service demands on Line 1 (Yonge University Spadina)."

Basically what's happening is that we need extra space in the yard to accommodate additional trainsets that will be operating on Line 1. These additional trainsets are needed because of the TYSSE, and because Automatic Train Operation (ATO) will allow more trains to operate on Line 1, increasing line capacity.

Back