Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

From: http://www.ttc.ca/Spadina/Tunnelling/Tunnelling_Progress.jsp
Yorkie started its last leg from HWY407 to VMC, Torkie to follow soon. They finally updated the route map with the new station names
TYSSE_TBM_Progress_A1.jpg

The new Downsview station is beginning to look like it's final self, the main station building on the surface is fully framed out with steel and concrete, and looks like the finer details will begin to be installed soon.

The new Downsview station is beginning to look like it's final self, the main station building on the surface is fully framed out with steel and concrete, and looks like the finer details will begin to be installed soon.

A quick note on that, only the western above ground structure of the station is fully framed with steel. The eastern above ground section does not have steel yet, but just one large concrete wall.

You may be right I only took the Barrie line once last week, and my window was facing west. It is neat to see the train run through the middle of the two station buildings though.

You may be right I only took the Barrie line once last week, and my window was facing west. It is neat to see the train run through the middle of the two station buildings though.

It's too bad the Barrie line is one of the lightest used GO lines. To date, that's the greatest degree of GO<->Subway integration in the system to date, even more than Union (when looking at it strictly from an ease of transfer and passenger movement perspective). Dundas West will come pretty close when it's reconfigured though. It will be faster to get from the GO Train to the subway at Downsview Park than it will be to get from the GO Train to the parking lot at a lot of GO stations. Can't ask for much better integration than that.

I just hope that they use that as a model for when they build a future DRL East to GO transfer in Riverdale.

It's too bad the Barrie line is one of the lightest used GO lines. To date, that's the greatest degree of GO<->Subway integration in the system to date, even more than Union (when looking at it strictly from an ease of transfer and passenger movement perspective). Dundas West will come pretty close when it's reconfigured though. It will be faster to get from the GO Train to the subway at Downsview Park than it will be to get from the GO Train to the parking lot at a lot of GO stations. Can't ask for much better integration than that.

I just hope that they use that as a model for when they build a future DRL East to GO transfer in Riverdale.

Is Metrolinx/TTC really planning to reconfigure Dundas West, or is this just speculation? Perhaps it's been rolled in with the UPX? This is the first I've heard of such a project.

Is Metrolinx/TTC really planning to reconfigure Dundas West, or is this just speculation? Perhaps it's been rolled in with the UPX? This is the first I've heard of such a project.

Last I heard they were adding an eastern exit to the subway platform so that people could access the UPX and GO platforms pretty much directly from the subway platforms. Right now you have to exit to the street, walk along Bloor, and then up the stairs to reach the GO station.

Too bad filters couldn't be added to the vents and portals to keep the tunnels clean.

Much of the grit comes from the brakes.

There is a similar dust around Gardiner. This was my second main motivation (airport was the first) for moving out of the Fort York area.

Back