Toronto Scotiabank Arena Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | BBB

September 27 - I guess one does not simply turn a massive TV “on”.. but it’s basically on.

The black rectangle at the top is actually a hole in the TV as they (I’m assuming) fix certain parts of the screen while calibrating. There is a small team standing in the square (behind the trucks below) that seem to be running the show.

View attachment 206106

So it's not actually going to be bigger than the original screen?

Second question: what's up with that remaining "Scotiabank Arena" in front of the big one? Please tell me they're going to remove some of those signs. ?

It is larger than the original screen…

RaptorsWay.jpg

Google Street View

but not by a lot…

EA910D96-BDC5-45F7-B0F1-F5A33E16E16B.jpeg

sikandar

If you compare the old and the new screen to the smaller Scotiabank Arena sign just above the screen, you can see the difference.

The old screen started just before the small o and ended just before the final a. The new screen goes from before the c to well past the a. The height is also greater as it now fills the area it is in.

I was curious what is going on at yonge/dundas? Haven't heard anything or seen any posts about that sign reno in months.

I asked around and while I didn't find a concrete answer, it appears as though the 10 Dundas East sign is custom made for that specific curvature and they're getting about a row of LED modules every few weeks. This one at Scotiabank arena is off the shelf modules though the letter masks were made to order.

On second thought, maybe we should wait until it's done.

Here's the rendering. The screen fills the entire space within the frame.

053iQc1.jpg

There does seem to be a platform underneath for more LED segments. Or they could be to add windows. I'll have to have a closer look..

I asked around and while I didn't find a concrete answer, it appears as though the 10 Dundas East sign is custom made for that specific curvature and they're getting about a row of LED modules every few weeks. This one at Scotiabank arena is off the shelf modules though the letter masks were made to order.
Thanks for the reply and info.

On second thought, maybe we should wait until it's done.

Here's the rendering. The screen fills the entire space within the frame.

053iQc1.jpg

There does seem to be a platform underneath for more LED segments. Or they could be to add windows. I'll have to have a closer look..

They’ve started to reinstall the windows around the TV, so it looks like it has realized its final size. Bigger than before, but smaller than the renderings. I’m happy with this.. it means at least some daylight will continue to fill the atrium and PATH connection. Having some line of sight of the SkyDome/CN Tower is also good for tourists and wayfinding.

Back