Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

Scaffolding is going up on the last exterior section to be updated. This is the last time you'll see the 'old' MLG.

mlgm16.jpg

Last edited:
And those "that used to grace rec-rooms, suburban homes" etc tend to be part of the original design as well. Thus my strategic Dave Le Blanc reference. (While today's "architectural scabs" are when that 50s/60s fieldstone suburbia is disfigured through EIFS or whatever.)

And to return to this...let's not forget Toronto's major extant example of authentic Hot Stove Lounge Architectural Scab Fieldstone(sque) Veneer...

186_1.jpg

Merely presenting it. Not defending it.

And to return to this...let's not forget Toronto's major extant example of authentic Hot Stove Lounge Architectural Scab Fieldstone(sque) Veneer...

186_1.jpg

Merely presenting it. Not defending it.

St Claire residents will one day experience the ecstasy of seeing it corrected. Every time I walk on Church now, I appreciate the view, even if it's still plywood.

I hope the MLG awning is updated or, better yet, restored to an earlier version - that font was a bad choice.

Good pictures. You can tell it's not going to be ready any time soon. They did initially have a requirement to have it finished by the end of February 2011 in order to comply with the Fed's stimulus funds requirements, but that was extended across the board for everyone. I guess if it wasn't extended, this project would've been screwed. I thought I heard about a possible May opening date, but no way it this going to be ready by May.

Great shots as always androiduk!
My guess would be by mid-summer to get Loblaws open while work continues above.

A couple of months ago there was a lot of discussion about the clock...with various theories and/or rumours about its location or (yuk) its demise.

Did anyone ever hear any more about that?

A couple of months ago there was a lot of discussion about the clock...with various theories and/or rumours about its location or (yuk) its demise.

Did anyone ever hear any more about that?

Hi Chris,
I just wanted to reassure you that we consulted with the Hockey Hall of Fame before we removed the clock. We were delighted that they agreed to accept it as a donation from Ryerson. They'll be deciding which elements they'll display (as you can appreciate it is too big to have on display in full). Thank you for your interest in our Maple Leaf Gardens project.
Julia

Julia Hanigsberg, BCL/LLB, LLM
Vice President Administration and Finance
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St.
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
416-979-5006
Executive Assistant: Mary Anthony 416-979-5000 x 6613 manthony@ryerson.ca
www.ryerson.ca/about/vpadministration
twitter: @hanigsberg
blog: http://vpaf.blog.ryerson.ca/

Back