Toronto Rush Condos | 44.96m | 15s | Alterra | BDP Quadrangle

Yesterday:

IMG_2821.jpg
IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2824.jpg

I love the brick detailing and deeply set windows, but they provide the perfect spot for pigeons to nest and perch. I wonder how this building will holdup to these dirty messy flying pests.

What to one is aesthetically beautiful is to another a convenient place to roost...

I love the brick detailing and deeply set windows, but they provide the perfect spot for pigeons to nest and perch. I wonder how this building will holdup to these dirty messy flying pests.

What to one is aesthetically beautiful is to another a convenient place to roost...
actually we were seeing pigeons up on the higher floors and when they had the hoist up but never see them on the brick. The ledge is actually quite smooth and slanted.

The trees appear to be planted too high, the root ball is sticking way up out of the ground. (This by the way is a common problem, sometimes caused by ignorance, sometimes by people who don't want to be bothered digging a deep enough hole)

Those are healthy enough looking trees, it would be stupid and wasteful if they died due to incorrect planting.

Here, you can see the mulch is falling off the root ball/being washed away........that is indicative, of a greater liklihood that water will run off the tree, instead of into the ground where the roots are; as well as
greater risk of nutrients doing the same, and even the soil around the roots being washed away.

For the record, trees should be planted into the ground at the same level they came out of the ground, and generally, at-grade with the adjacent soil. There's some wiggle room there on slopes. But I don't like what I'm seeing here.

Might be that I'd come to a different conclusion in person, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

Back