Toronto ROQ City | 113.48m | 33s | Tricon | Hariri Pontarini

Report recommending approval of demolition of rental housing at this site; in order to facilitate the development is headed to the June 24th meeting of TEYCC.

Of note, from the report:

1623420938960.png

Looks great! Simple, effective and looks ties in nicely with the heritage buildings. I'm tired of over-designed buildings for the sake of it (see protruding boxes...). For the landscaping, someone just give Claude Cormier the key to the city already.

Tricon Residential’s plans for the site

Tricon Residential intends to build two Hariri Pontarini Architects-designed, purpose-built rental apartment buildings of 24 and 33 storeys with approximately 850 combined one-, two- and three-bedroom units. Joyner said the plan is for more two- and three-bedroom units than are normally found in a condo building.

Amenities will include a large gym, a yoga studio, an outdoor pool with west-facing skyline views and parcel rooms with oversized and refrigerated lockers.

Joyner said there will be approximately 80,000 square feet of office space as part of the redevelopment: “There are two heritage brick-and-beam office buildings that will have retained facades and be rebuilt. We think this is going to be extremely attractive office space.”

While keeping the heritage elements along Richmond and Ontario Streets, Joyner stressed the offices would incorporate the latest technology to alleviate concerns about COVID-19 — including new air filtration, ventilation and touchless systems.

Retail elements at grade will wrap around the site and be included in the laneways which run through it.

Joyner said an on-site park of approximately three-quarters of an acre will include landscaping, trees, benches, tables and gathering areas where the local community can congregate.

There will be two levels of underground parking to accommodate motor vehicles and bicycles of residents and office users. The Queen Street streetcar passes the site and a future stop on the Ontario Line subway is planned nearby.

Joyner anticipates construction will start late this year or early in 2022 and with first occupancy in early 2025.

This is the Site Plan application for the balance for the original proposal.

The western portion of the site having been severed from the balance of the application.

No Docs up yet.

View attachment 328144

I will start a new thread seeing as these lands are now under different ownership from this proposal.

Looks like this application was pulled from the city site.

I've just spent over an hour de-tangling a mess that was created when the posts in this thread were left at the end of the 245 Queen East thread after the property was split in two… and the part that actually kept 245 Queen (still owned by original proponent ONE Properties) was moved off into a new thread. That has now been fixed, and these posts related to 261 through 285 Queen East plus properties on Brigden Place and Ontario Street and 384 through 410 Richmond East that were all purchased by Tricon Residential, are all in this new thread connected to a new database file.

…so consider questions and comments in posts above about the shmozzle resolved I suppose. Meanwhile, the applications are back up on the City site.

And for some reason people are almost always surprised when I explain to them that UT is a machine with many hard working employees!
Haha, I suppose it may seem to some that it all just happens magically. Sure, magic is 51% of how UrbanToronto comes together, but the other 49% comes from you, the devoted contributors, and we, the there-are-always-three-more-things-to-do staff… and everyone's work is worth recognizing!

No new renderings are updated in the database! There are also no new changes in terms of height, building storey count. The total unit count was reduced from 824 to 795 units and the parking space count was reduced from 303 parking spaces to 300 parking spaces.

Back