431     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 543     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Toronto Ridiculous NIMBYism thread

The sign in question in above:

new_sign.jpg

The left side is "too much"! Should have "copied" or used the old sign as a "model" for the left side.

3957.jpg

From link.

Any 'Friends of XYZ Park' organizations tend to be populated by the most stringent NIMBYs known to man.

They are almost bereft of logic.. It really quite is something to talk to these people.

The very fact that it has a map instead of some early 2000s Photoshop job using the mosaic filter makes it a zillion times better.

More background fun reads - particularly the comments section here:
https://cabbagetowner.com/bike-share-update/

So. Much. Drama. I am not sure why the Star wanted to give someone like that air time.

I see that it's an ongoing theme - funny how keeping it as a lower-income neighbourhood never came up as a matter of heritage taste though.

AoD

Last edited:
I like the old signs but don't have an issue with the new ones. Some people will complain about anything.

Massive improvement over the ugly and entirely useless signs before.

For real!!!! With maps!? Why did this take so long?
A+, get those ratty old things out of here.

Edit: Wtf is that no smoking emblem doing on there? If dogs can shit on the grass and piss on the best trees to sit under then I'm having a smoke to cope, mate.

For real!!!! With maps!? Why did this take so long?
A+, get those ratty old things out of here.

Edit: Wtf is that no smoking emblem doing on there? If dogs can shit on the grass and piss on the best trees to sit under then I'm having a smoke to cope, mate.
MT, as a dog owner I have to tell you that it’s totally wrong to claim dogs piss on the best trees to sit under. Dogs piss on everything, everywhere. If there’s a blade of grass in a Toronto park, a dog has pissed on it. And not just grass. In fact, true story, my dog once pissed on a duffel bag full of little kids’ soccer balls. I watched in a kind of paralyzed, shocked, impotent horror.

MT, as a dog owner I have to tell you that it’s totally wrong to claim dogs piss on the best trees to sit under. Dogs piss on everything, everywhere. If there’s a blade of grass in a Toronto park, a dog has pissed on it. And not just grass. In fact, true story, my dog once pissed on a duffel bag full of little kids’ soccer balls. I watched in a kind of paralyzed, shocked, impotent horror.

Yeah, yeah, as a former owner of three fine pups, I know this.

Never mind the park, enough of them in my current building piss in the lifts and my upstairs neighbours had theirs pissing on the balcony. Let it rain!

Is there a term for NIMBYS who want to prevent you from building close by, but also far away in the Greenbelt. In other words they don't want you building period.
Today's Margaret Wente article G&M has me flipping completely. We should start building in some parts of the green belt immediately before we start losing ambitious young professional families that drive the Toronto economy. No-one can convince me Canada is running out of farmland, watersheds - its absurb. Sprawl was out of control, but we've swung to far towards over-density and its choking Toronto.

Is there a term for NIMBYS who want to prevent you from building close by, but also far away in the Greenbelt. In other words they don't want you building period.
Today's Margaret Wente article G&M has me flipping completely. We should start building in some parts of the green belt immediately before we start losing ambitious young professional families that drive the Toronto economy. No-one can convince me Canada is running out of farmland, watersheds - its absurb. Sprawl was out of control, but we've swung to far towards over-density and its choking Toronto.

I call these people hypocrites. Or fake Environmentalists.

In the end people are just selfish assholes.

Back