Toronto Reunion Crossing | ?m | 11s | Diamond Kilmer | Giannone Petricone

It's great that it's selling well, but I would have some serious reservations about this project putting my own money down for a unit.

It's in a really crappy location for getting downtown. Even Yonge and St. Clair is not a cool place to live. When I map my trip on TTC.ca it's showing it's 30 minutes to Yonge street and it's Sunday today. Yes you can get a parking... which are around $50,000 + maintenance most likely, so another $100-120/mo just for the right to park your $1200/mo car expense.

By the time this area "picks up" or becomes even remotely trendy, the condo fees will have eaten up the value available on resale.

The only advantage here is that it's cheap. But is that really an advantage?

GO train station will be opening only a year or two after completion next door. This also isn’t the only project in the area - the area has 2 other condo buildings going up across the street and will likely have a few more going up after this one. It’ll improve.

Yeah anticipating GO Train stations is a good idea.

I would be curious to see a flow chart or a financial statement someone has created or put together with their condo fees going up relative to their mortgage payments going down, offset by realistic rent increases or tenant changeover and increased overall rents. I could put one together... but it would be more of an estimate and fairly limited.

Excited! I bought a 1BDR here and glad to see all the info on what the area will be like in a few years. I don't get the comments about this being far from downtown....then again I grew up in the west end and I love it.

This area is certainly growing and tons of young families/young professionals and even boomers are buying condos and staying in the area which is attractive to buyers and renters. Sure the area has a few bad pockets/ spots but what area of Toronto is 100% perfect all around, doesn't exist but these kinds of projects is what helps the area grow and change, it doesn't happen over night it takes time and investments from buyers. The flea market near by has also been sold and will most likely be condos/townhomes in the near future. If you do any research it's easy to see that this is a great area that in 5 to 10 years will have tons of retail, transportation, schools and parks which will increase the overall value. With the dufferin/dupont and Dufferin/bloor Massive projects near by there is a reason why developers are looking at this mid west area as the next boom. You need to see the potential in projects like these and SCOOP/SCOUT as well that is changing the face of st. clair west and bringing some life and design into the area. Plus if you look at this market there are homes around 1.5 to 2 million here and tons of renovations. I think this area is a great investment and a good time to get into this particular area.

Yeah - I have no doubt that I bought in the right building/area. I'm super excited. I also grew up in the area and I am partial to it though :p

What does it mean, I'm slow :( lol
That the developer has filed for a permit to begin shoring and excavation, the first stages in construction

Back