Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Here is another shot of the steel that went up on top of the Ritz today - I happened to go to Burrito Boyz for lunch and had a great vantage point. This is my first time uploading a picutre to this site, and I don't really have any idea how to do it (I read the FAQs but remain a bit confused - I uploaded the image to flickr and am trying to link to that...)

l

Last edited:
Shoot -- that didn't work. Which url should I be pasting in between
? (The FAQs say the url of the image, not the page it appears on...which url would that be when using flickr? Sorry for the technical incompetence.)

on your flickr page, click on the link above the image that says "all sizes"... select the size that you wish to post and its url is given beneath ( the bottom one, not the active html link)

here's OldManKensey's image that he was trying to post...

4298787286_b6df1bc0fc.jpg

Last edited:
So i guess we have an idea of the final height of the ritz!... great photos!

The steel being used looks really weak....

I counted and the slant portion is the equivalent 5 floors... not bad.... too bad they couldn't put an observation deck at the very top of the slant... it would have offered epic views... oh well...

Okay... going back to digitalis photo of the Ritz..

I was playing around with photoshop... i came up with this... I don't know how the roof is gonna turn out so i just put a random slope...

Here's a photo of the Ritz today (jokes)... actually, it might look something like this in the spring time:

Photo originally by digitalis (photoshop by me :) )

4299557570_8479b0580f_o.png

Jan 23 Visited

Saw this from Queen and Dufferin and it cause me to to get a closer look since I had no plans to be in the core on Sat.This is only a few I shot.
IMG_jan-23-10-0090.jpg

If you look close to the right edge, you will see the bearing support for the sloping beam.
IMG_jan-23-10-0208.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0171.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0221.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0233.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0227.jpg

IMG_jan-23-10-0224.jpg

Okay... i did another photoshop this time based on drum118's photo...

*I couldn't quite get the logo right.
Photo by drum118 on UT (photoshop be me):

4300444587_315c05f881_o.jpg

I made it as exact as i could so this should be the final height of the Ritz from this angle :)

As you can see it REALLY does dominate (even RBC!)

great shot posted by truffulatrees over at SSC, showing the latest addition to the roof element.....

IMG00090-20100124-1105.jpg

I'd love to see that mini park on the south side and the square be completely redone. A huge fountain, with a skating rink in the winter. Maybe put a huge Christmas tree there for Christmas like the Rockefeller Center in NYC.

Excellent shot!

The roof looks nice and clean (which means its ready to see some more slant action!)... I wish i could be up there! its one hell of a view!

Great pics. One of these days, when I get to Toronto, I would love to go the Roof Lounge (Park Hyatt) and see the skyline.

Have they started construction on the interior?

Back