Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Jan 22

4297127622_c1664bf7d9_b.jpg

4297123114_08429fc312_b.jpg

4297120608_aefb601348_b.jpg

4297117540_b00b6daa68_b.jpg

4296369613_c053b35bca_b.jpg

4297115180_d8ec650bdf_b.jpg

4297111866_9603d563d4_b.jpg

4296357401_49f78916d8_b.jpg

Stunning photos wyliepoon!

My lame evening contribution of the Ritz lit by work lights at night.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Great shots wyliepoon!!!

The Ritz looks great when its (almost) full clad!

Also it look quite clean too with all those blue boards gone at the top!

Also there are some lights within the building making it look a little more.... inhabited!?

Last edited:
Well, there's the answer to the concrete vs. steel question. Looks like the roof is going to be steel afterall. This should take shape very quickly now.

Im viewing digitalis photo on my cellphone, from the looks of it, and I may be wrong, looks like I see the beginning of the steel superstructure for the roof element, which is starting to be installed..

That crane will be there till the roof structure is complete at least, maybe a bit longer....

WHOAH! sweet shot! the steel extends to the final height of the roof (it looks like it to me)... you can actually see the slant at the top!

WICKED!!!!

with the steel, construction should move much quicker!

Going back to digitalis awesome photo... i decided to do a sketch of the final height of the Ritz (IMO):

Photo by digitalis:
(sketch done by me)

4298417478_1e270f9f89_o.png

Last edited:
Way to go Steveve. Are you really 14. You have a career in architecture or drafting at least. Been admiring for a while you input and enthusiasm.
WOWOWWOWOWOWO!!!!!!

WHOAH! sweet shot! the steel extends to the final height of the roof (it looks like it to me)... you can actually see the slant at the top!

WICKED!!!!

with the steel, construction should move much quicker!

Going back to digitalis awesome photo... i decided to do a sketch of the final height of the Ritz (IMO):

Photo by digitalis:
(sketch done by me)

4298417478_1e270f9f89_o.png

I am 14 (and a half)... and i guess you could say i am the typical, hyper, energetic, over the top, drug addict (not really), teenager...

I'm not sure what i want to be right now....
But with all these awesome new skyscrapers going up.... architecture seems kinda cool i guess...

*I'll delete some of my "wows!"... i just realized i am too hyper :D... Skyscraper updates ignite adrenaline rushes...

The Ritz is easily becoming one of my favorite skyscrapers in Toronto...

Last edited:
If architecture interests you, spend some time looking at some of the mid-rises that have (or are) going up around town. They don't get as much attention as they should but there's quite a few dynamite projects that you should spend some time with.

I'm not a huge fan of The Ritz however the Wellington Street entrance and the roof element keep me engaged in this project plus of course I'm glad Toronto got a Ritz.

Back