Toronto Regent Park: Daniels Artworks Tower | 105.76m | 33s | Daniels | BDP Quadrangle

It's a shame that the other towers didn't look as these do in their renders. I feel like Daniels experimented with too many clashing styles in this pocket of the city. I still give them high marks for what they have done though.

ArtWorks1.jpg

ArtWorks2.jpg

Note that QUAD did the initial design of this but Kirkor has been handling construction. So who knows how it'll turn out.

Kirkor seems capable of executing projects fairly well, and more so just struggles with initial project design.. So hopefully it turns out well. Daniels knocked it out of the park with The Wyatt so I'm hopeful.

Something about this looks.... really bland. I like that it's brick, but the overall shape/structure is so basic that the building looks dated before it's even built.

It looked much better before when it had those protruding pergola looking brick elements coming out of the top of the podium and tower.

Up until now, we've been mainly provided with a rendering perspective from the southeast view of the building. The new rendering posted by Daniels on Twitter shows it from the west side, but the overall elements still look fairly consistent, except detailing on the front podium. The top south corner on the tower is cut off, so that part is missing from view currently.

If they accomplish this with red brick, black/dark mullions, and clean balconies, then this one is good in my books. Something like the Pivot building at Yonge & Sheppard comes to mind.

1590007653480.png

1590007599957.png

I was gonna say...it's shot at a different angle. And it looks like most of the elements are still there.

Up until now, we've been mainly provided with a rendering perspective from the southeast view of the building. The new rendering posted by Daniels on Twitter shows it from the west side, but the overall elements still look fairly consistent, except detailing on the front podium.

Yup - it's the missing detailing at the top of the front podium that I'm referring to. It's a small physical change, but visually I think it's a significant impact. That's part of what made it interesting in my opinion, but now that it's gone it just looks like any other dated brick building.

Back