Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

If innsertnamehere is right, we will be left with only Spadina and Jarvis offramps for the duration of construction. Eastbound Gardener will become parking lot.

Couldn't the Yonge and Bay ramps remain open (at least one lane)? There seems enough distance to eliminate the York Street ramp with them remaining open. I'm not an engineer haha but I pass by it all the time and it seems like enough room. Once the ramp is removed, then they can build a new one to come down to Simcoe and Lakeshore. Fingers crossed. Otherwise you are correct! It will be a disaster for 6 or more months lol. But looking forward to the new park in the end.

I would be very surprised if the existing ramp could remain open while the new one goes in. For a while, the Spadina and Jarvis ramps would be the only ones available for eastbound traffic into the Downtown. At Spadina they have the option of opening a slip-ramp on to Lake Shore eastbound… which would mean closing one lane of traffic on Lake Shore to let off-ramp traffic merge onto the street without competition for the space. No doubt some other modifications would be required during construction. So yeah, the replacement of the ramp can't happen without some pain.

I guess it's like my grandfather used to tell us grandkids, that "all good things come to those who wait until construction is finished". :p

If innsertnamehere is right, we will be left with only Spadina and Jarvis offramps for the duration of construction. Eastbound Gardener will become parking lot.

Hmmm, wondering if it is actually the eastbound Lakeshore that will become the parking lot, with the traffic that would have exited the Gardiner between Spadina and Jarvis now forced to take the lower roadway. Traffic flow is one of the many areas of non-expertise for me, but I could see the eastbound Gardiner, east of Spadina actually used less than at present.

From my view point I can see this part of Gardener very well, in the morning people in the middle line who try to join the already long line waiting to get to Spadina create traffic jam. Also same happens when there is a game in the Sky dome. The traffic at the York ramp is heavy, but as it splits into 2 lines is not as heavy as Spadina ramp, and does not affect the flow on Gardener that much. Don't get me wrong, I want the ramp gone more than most, but the fact remains, with only Spadina and Jarvis ramps it will be a big mess for FEW months.

Taking into consideration the overall effect on the traffic, I am hopping that they will put more effort to finish this project faster. More likely will be one year and few months.

Last edited:
DSCN1905_zps6d81e694.jpg

DSCN1904_zps25206e50.jpg

Does anyone know when this building will start to receive some cladding? Is there an issue with the supplier?

First glass is going up on the north side. Couldn't get a good pic, but the glass looks decent.

Back