Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Yes, I think we established previously that QQ was rural. He probably thought those were grain silos south of Queens Quay ... and assumed the empty land were farm fields. I'd add something about a herd of cows if I thought I could milk that for anything ...

Here's what else he had to say:

"what's to see beyond Bloor st, Church st and Spadina ave? it is just a huge flat land with low rise houses, just like what you will see in Dallas"

Here's what else he had to say:

"what's to see beyond Bloor st, Church st and Spadina ave? it is just a huge flat land with low rise houses, just like what you will see in Dallas"

ksun has also suggested that the Yonge subway should not go north of Eglinton:

Yonge is busy only south of Eglinton. When you walk past that, it is just like everywhere else. I fail to understand why since there is a line going from King to Eglinton on Yonge, it has to go straight north as if a subway line can't make turns, like it does in other cities.

Even though North York centre obviously has density and very high ridership due to bus lines.

This is just one of many, many examples.

Oh, I missed that one. That's one for the books!

A couple more:

Buildings are essentially for people to live or work in. The beauty is just an added benefit.

The entire Bathurst St is not urban, definitely among the worst one can do about a downtown street. It probably can pass as a street in Vaughan with hardly anything taller than 3 stories and worst of all, no retail at all.

population wise, GTA's growth is not that impressive at all.

Last edited:
let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Area south of Front still has somewhat awkward and limited transit via Union station, and very little retail except some tourist traps. A lot needs to be done to be considered similar to the King/Queen area.
Think about this: during the Sept-May seasons, what between Front and QQ attracts people on the weekends? Almost nothing.

Museums, Harbourfront Centre, Natrel rink, Waterdown, dim sum at Pink Pearl, boardwalk, concerts... but you keep living your sheltered, non-Waterfront life.

Museums, Harbourfront Centre, Natrel rink, Waterdown, dim sum at Pink Pearl, boardwalk, concerts... but you keep living your sheltered, non-Waterfront life.

There is also a couple of event spaces between Front and QQ that do reasonably well on weekends attracting people...on weekends (and weeknights) between September and May....sure one of those (Rogers Centre) is primarily (but not exclusively) a summer destination but that Air Canada Centre seems to bring a fair number of folk down on Saturday nights in the winter.

There is also a couple of event spaces between Front and QQ that do reasonably well on weekends attracting people...on weekends (and weeknights) between September and May....sure one of those (Rogers Centre) is primarily (but not exclusively) a summer destination but that Air Canada Centre seems to bring a fair number of folk down on Saturday nights in the winter.

hahahahaha.... I had to re-read KSun's quote to realize what he'd actually written. That's awesome!

Honestly people don't give Harbourfront center enough credit, it is a great facility, that essentially has activity year round, and in the summer, just about every day (not just weekends ..) from festivals / music / markets / shows / art (and mind you much of this is free !!!) ... I'm sure other cities have something similar but I'm willing to wager for a single event space like that its up there in North America for how much actually takes place in Harbourfront Center.

Honestly people don't give Harbourfront center enough credit, it is a great facility, that essentially has activity year round, and in the summer, just about every day (not just weekends ..) from festivals / music / markets / shows / art (and mind you much of this is free !!!) ... I'm sure other cities have something similar but I'm willing to wager for a single event space like that its up there in North America for how much actually takes place in Harbourfront Center.

Yeah, from what I've seen there are tons of people there. Lots of people walking around the boardwalk, just enjoying being near the lake as well, especially nice on a hot summer day.

I've seen some good free shows at Harbourfront Center.

Harbourfront is getting quite busy in the winter these days. And not just with people using the skating rink. That's why it makes my blood boil when Ford and other conservatives scoff at waterfront investments by saying that no one will use them for half the year. It's not only small minded; it's completely false.

Back