Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

For this section there is no digging up except Hydro and for new sewage. There could be shallow planters for flowers but not trees. And also there are no Maple Leaves like in the rest of already finished sidewalks.

Why is that the West8/DTAH design wasn't followed for this stretch?

AoD

Doesn't look very finished to me. Do you have any better photographs to support the case you are making?
If there were gonna be trees they should have done this

IMG_7611.jpg

and when berried and covered with concrete you see this

IMG_7616.jpg
IMG_7617.jpg

unfortunately the sidewalk is FINISHED and there are NO TREES.

For this section there is no digging up except Hydro and for new sewage. There could be shallow planters for flowers but not trees. And also there are no Maple Leaves like in the rest of already finished sidewalks.

The maple leaf motif is only on the south side of Queen's Quay for the length of the revitalization. Also, from the rendering you posted, it seems that the trees are meant to go
in that rectangular section you can see unbricked in your photos. Tree planting has been suspended until the fall to avoid stressing the trees (according to a recent project update). They do seem to have deviated from the circular tree planters in this section. Not sure why. How far out does the foundation of the office building come? Would that affect the planter configuration?

Last edited:
unfortunately the sidewalk is FINISHED and there are NO TREES.
You keep saying this, but no matter how many times you reply to the same post you haven't provided a photograph of the finished sidewalk. I keep seeing construction vehicles everywhere, and what appears to be the space left for a trench that would have trees in.

I don't know why you are so sure that the plans have been changed ... but I think it's premature to be drawing that conclusion.

Ok, have it your way. I really hope that I am wrong as I am the only one here who is looking at this area every day.

Ok, have it your way. I really hope that I am wrong as I am the only one here who is looking at this area every day.
Not saying your wrong. I'm just not seeing it from the photos - especially as I think I can see where the trench will go next to the sidewalk - but the picture isn't good evidence of that either really.

If your there every day, why not just chat up one of the construction workers? Many are quite happy to chat briefly, if it's innocuous, and the answers are easy.

Attachments

• P1410430.jpg
    P1410430.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 345
  • P1410432.jpg
    P1410432.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 339
  • P1410433.jpg
    P1410433.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
i42:

Did you notice the Maple Leaf motif being used on the granite sidewalks? The unit paving in the bin is clearly very similar - if not the same as what's being used on the rest of QQ.

PS: Looking back at the photos - I think it is being used, just that it doesn't show very well covered in dust.

AoD

Last edited:
Asphalt being applied on QQ and York street. Will take picture later

Thank you AofD, I am relieved and happy to be wrong. I admit that I shouldn't assume prematurely. The reason for my assumption was the lack of irrigation systems and the difference of the way the trees are planted immediately to the west of the stretch in question.

i42:

Did you notice the Maple Leaf motif being used on the granite sidewalks? The unit paving in the bin is clearly very similar - if not the same as what's being used on the rest of QQ.

PS: Looking back at the photos - I think it is being used, just that it doesn't show very well covered in dust.

AoD

As I mentioned above, there is no maple leaf motif on the north side of the whole revitalization, just the south.
For example, a photo from the WT construction web cam:

112216_zoom.jpg

You can just see the paving on-going at the top of this image (Also from WT webcam).

112555_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Back