Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I was walking past the poles near the Spadina loop this weekend, and it looked like they had been strung with wires.
They are planning streetcar service on Spadina to the loop on August 31 and most of the overhead is there now (with LOTS of poles!). The stretch to Union is supposed to be operational by mid-October and the bit west of Spadina in November.

5 PM and raining and they just started pouring concrete sidewalks on the South West corner of Queens Quay and Bay.

image-3.jpg

From WT weekly QQ update of today:

Streetcar Testing
TTC will begin testing streetcars on the 510 line next week – including around the Spadina Loop. The testing is in preparation for the resumption of streetcar service planned for August 31, 2014. The 509 Harbourfront line will resume service on October 12, 2014.

From WT weekly QQ update of today:

Streetcar Testing
TTC will begin testing streetcars on the 510 line next week – including around the Spadina Loop. The testing is in preparation for the resumption of streetcar service planned for August 31, 2014. The 509 Harbourfront line will resume service on October 12, 2014.

With this happening, the Union 2nd platform opening, the new streetcars starting service (even though it's only two), it feels like we're reaching the light at the end of the (construction) tunnel!

Hopefully between now and next summer, projects keep finishing and the whole Union/Queens Quay area keeps getting better and better.

With this happening, the Union 2nd platform opening, the new streetcars starting service (even though it's only two), it feels like we're reaching the light at the end of the (construction) tunnel!

Hopefully between now and next summer, projects keep finishing and the whole Union/Queens Quay area keeps getting better and better.

As a resident near QQ, and a former rider of the 510 to Union, it really has been a long and frustrating haul. I'm ecstatic we are finally getting close to the end and I'm excited for the new streetcars!

Lots of green, trees, flowers, grass.
ScreenShot2014-08-16at42903PM.png

unfortunately no flowers, no trees either.
ddb728a5-922e-42bd-bd04-1bc03cd9296c.jpg

Yep, nothing like comparing a rendering to a construction site to make yourself look like a prick. That was your aim, right?
You can see that in this section the sidewalk is FINISHED and there are no trees. On the south side for the last 2 months they are digging and installing irrigation systems. On the north side as soon as the fencing of RBC WP was removed they levelled the surface and proceeded to apply concrete and paving. Do you still expect to see trees there?
BTW, insulting people that did not provoked it with anything can only tell us who is the prick.

Doesn't look very finished to me. Do you have any better photographs to support the case you are making?

For the section you can see in this photograph took them the better half of the spring to prepare, dig up and instal irrigation system for the trees.
IMG_7596.jpg

Doesn't look very finished to me. Do you have any better photographs to support the case you are making?
For this section there is no digging up except Hydro and for new sewage. There could be shallow planters for flowers but not trees. And also there are no Maple Leaves like in the rest of already finished sidewalks.
IMG_7595.jpg

Back