Toronto Queen & Ashbridge | 60.15m | 17s | Context Development | Teeple Architects

If it's night, this must be more photos of the RV that thinks it's a building.

qa-333.jpg

qa-334.jpg

Ok, I've seen worse. For example, in my fridge I have a margarine tub and the lid doesn't fit right.

qa-335.jpg

This is the rear space behind the TCHC building. When the panels fly off the building, this is where they'll land.

qa-336.jpg

"Look, you can have double height ballrooms, lounges, fitness centre, rooftop dog park or you can have exterior walls. You want walls? Of course you don't. What are you gonna do with a wall?"

qa-337.jpg

qa-338.jpg

Someone's gettin' a front row seat to the Drive Thru! Open 24 hours! Can I take your order?

qa-339.jpg

Hoarding is coming down and close ups are coming up.

qa-340.jpg

I'm looking forward to @flonicky 's A-game commentary!

I'm not! At the end of the day, this project mattered. It was an attempt to leverage public land to provide a mix of housing types. It's transit and pedestrian-friendly. It's a step towards addressing the district's long-term population decline/stagnation. And they promised that it wasn't going to suck.

Good God this looks terrible. The cladding in particular is just unforgiveable. It's not even completed and it looks like it's falling apart. Imagine how it will look 10 years from now. (And then 20, 30...)
Just imagine when the big bad wolf (wind) huffs, puffs and blows the tin cladding off!

Get that white paneling off the lowest levels of the podium and replace it with the brick and it will be less bad. Then remove those pretender Juliet balconies that make no sense and visually are just a mess. The street level glazing needs a complete re-do in a different form.......and fill in that nonsense glazing/empty space in the middle of the second floor, it adds less than zero value!

How disheartening. An architectural team actually thought this was passable, and the developer let this slide too.

Last edited:

Back