Toronto Queen & Ashbridge | 60.15m | 17s | Context Development | Teeple Architects

It's a BIG project! The scale in person is MASSIVE compared to everything around it there's nothing that comes close.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 10.39.32 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Nooooo! The big blank concrete is beautiful on that pool. People can't handle brutalism and always think it's unfinished or boring, but that's the style. Clean and simple. And brutal. I love it as is. They already ruined the west side of Robarts and are about to tear down the Science Centre. I wonder if the SkyDome can be considered brutalism.

Nooooo! The big blank concrete is beautiful on that pool. People can't handle brutalism and always think it's unfinished or boring, but that's the style. Clean and simple. And brutal. I love it as is. They already ruined the west side of Robarts and are about to tear down the Science Centre. I wonder if the SkyDome can be considered brutalism.
Well... as a Jays fan it can certainly be brutal to watch them play this season. 🐦

The Skydome has always been terrifically ugly in my books - it always reminded me of a squat commode.. But that pool is something I admire. I think it's closed while they do some much-needed repairs to the interior of the facility, including the pool liners.

Back