Toronto Quay West at Tip Top | ?m | 23s | Mattamy Homes | a—A

from this rendering (source: Monarch's website) ... I count 23 floors, not sure if we can assumed this is accurate?

3ddf173f-4aba-47b7-997b-436eba2041fd.jpg

Quay west project

What do you guys think about the potentials for this project? some people are advising not to buy in big projects over 600 units because of financing issues and they are saying that small- medium projects are better in terms of expected completion......

magedmagdy, I think it would depend on what you wanted. I assume this building would be quieter than most condos located in the central waterfront because it's farther from the gardiner, but as urbandreamer accurately points out, the cost of that is a small bit of isolation.

Re: large projects and small projects. Just my informal observations, but it often seems to be the littler projects that take the most time to complete, and which are more susceptible to cancellation. I'm not sure why that it, but it really seems to be true. I personally think this one will be fine, but my word isn't worth that much.

^ They are well financed, have a strong team and have consistently ranked fairly high on the J.D. Powers customer satisfaction ratings and have a good record with Tarion. Many people quible with their commitment to high-quality design - although the project in question is by aA and the interiors are usually decent for a mid-market builder. Monarch is a pretty safe bet for most purchasers.

Scaled Model

Southwest View
IMG_3574.jpg

Northeast View
IMG_3576.jpg

The Courtyard - I would hate to be living in these inside facing suites
IMG_3575.jpg

I really liked the renders of this building, but the model not so much. The balcony dividers really ruin the look of it.

^Pros: It's by aA, it's on the waterfront, it's next door to TipTop

Cons: It's next to public housing, it's next to TipTop, it's by Monarch, it's isolated from the rest of Canada (aka, Toronto...:p)

hahaha....well said. I don't find anything unique about Monarch (their buildings blend in with others), their quality/amenities/design doesn't make them stand out.

And, their marketing, it's pretty bad IMO. They spend a lot on ineffective ads IMO. The design of their website is very difficult to navigate and is often out-dated. I've also notice wayyy too many changes in their ads in CondoGuide (due to pricing/promotion errors). They should really look into replacing their marketing team.

And, their marketing, it's pretty bad IMO. They spend a lot on ineffective ads IMO. The design of their website is very difficult to navigate and is often out-dated. I've also notice wayyy too many changes in their ads in CondoGuide (due to pricing/promotion errors). They should really look into replacing their marketing team.

They just replaced their VP of sales & marketing about a month or two ago - that that may be why there's been a series of changes.

Back