Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

in my opinion the chances are 70%. what about u?

I really don't know as I don't have the same insight as to the developer's plans, what the city will decide, what the economy will allow, etc. Just too any factors. Very tricky to put a number on it.

I should have gone to the meeting. I am fine with the density levels but the towers are way too tightly packed. They need to eliminate a couple of towers.

I should have gone to the meeting. I am fine with the density levels but the towers are way too tightly packed. They need to eliminate a couple of towers.

I don't agree - this development is supposed to be a landmark for the community, perhaps representing its focal point / center. I think the density is justified.

I would not mind seeing one less building, thus creating more space between structures. Some or all of the density could be added in height to the tallest building or a couple of the buildings. I think that this might even increase the "landmark" status of whatever goes on this key location.

The separation between all of the towers meets or exceeds the tower separation guidelines…

1 Yonge St - site plan960.jpg

as long as you understand Tower 6 and the Toronto Star building as a conjoined tower. It is, as far as the original height of the TorStar bldg. Then you get narrow gap between the 10 storeys of the TorStar height extension and Tower 6, which then rises above it, clearing the tower separation guidelines again. Tower 6 is meant to be a hotel condo combo. I'm not sure that a decision has been made as to what floor the suites would switch over from hotel rooms to condos.

1-7YongeAerCrop960.jpg

Twr6TorStar960.jpg

Attachments

• 1 Yonge St - site plan960.jpg
    1 Yonge St - site plan960.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 1-7YongeAerCrop960.jpg
    1-7YongeAerCrop960.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Twr6TorStar960.jpg
    Twr6TorStar960.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 467
It's really the hotel tower that makes me angry. If it doesn't violate minimum tower spacing, wouldn't it violate maximum floorplate?

Exceed the maximum floorplate in the conjoined section?

I really don't know as I don't have the same insight as to the developer's plans, what the city will decide, what the economy will allow, etc. Just too any factors. Very tricky to put a number on it.

ok DarkSideDenizen your light sarcasm isn't necessary. Ushahid is very young guy, like adma, but much more engaging.

Ushahid, the density of this proposal is without precident, I'd be surprised if it proceeded without some major revisions.

Last edited:

Back