Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

So in other words, you are saying that you need time to build it right?..that's what they want you to believe in this city:eek: and all fiction in this modern world

It takes time to build, yes, but planning is what matters.

As per any City multiple Studies are required during the planning stages of construction, which some can actually take years if it is a Enviromental or Archilogical issue.
For instance, I was in Burlington on a Contaiminated site South of the 407 building a Plaza on an old Truck Stop - 2 years where spent prior to touching the site, just monitoring water levels and contaimination levels - That a city issue? We should just say Clean Water doesnt matter, Enviroment doesnt matter and continue in the foot steps of careless ancestors? You belong in America if so, go work for Halliburton..

Everyone points a finger at City, but lets take a look at the whiny little residents that complain the sun is being blocked, or my view is now obstructed, or it's dusty, or I just dont like condos. The citizens of Toronto hinder Developers and the City themselves by making pointless complaints about items that dont exist here.

You want sun? Move to a beach like Grand Bend, or Wasaga(I dont suggest) or Florida

Dont want condos? Go to the same places listed above - Sub-Division paradise - Looks like Edward Scissor Hands Sub-Division - Or we could not build them, but watch the Unemployment Rate SKYROCKET as 100's, more like 1000's of Stores go under and not because they are a Construction related company but because the ones who shop are Construction oriented.

Dont want Dust, Dirt, Debris? - Never leave your house.

People need to stop bitching, suck it up, and let shit happen.
No need for such a drawn out City process then but will still allow for the general important practices to take place prior.

From Nov 3 2016, OMB hearing:

"Mr. Devine [counsel for Pinnacle International (One Yonge) Ltd. and Pinnacle International (Seven Yonge) Ltd.] then formally confirmed the request that this settlement hearing be adjourned to a date in February 2017. He advised that the parties were still committed to the settlement which was endorsed by City Council in July 2016, and that the parties have been actively working on finalizing the detailed aspects of implementation, but that as this was a significant development and that there were many detailed matters that needed to be addressed in the various agreements which were being drafted, there was still work to be done before moving to the next stage. Ms. Haniford [counsel for city of Toronto] affirmed the position which Mr. Devine had put forward and expressed some optimism that a date in mid-February may be reasonable in the circumstances.

The Board also acknowledges Mr. Devine’s statement of gratitude to the parties involved in the negotiations to the effect that they have been co-operating in moving matters forward to resolution and that there has not been any ‘foot dragging’. The Board extends its support to such conduct and commends the parties to carry on in that spirit."

Of course it takes time and it should. However are material considerations really what this city discusses so much? Or is it fear of density, height, vision and shadowing concerns? I think it is good to have a discussion, and to plan things on a larger scale. It really seems from the outside though that things are often very heavy handed, and ultimately end up mediocre as a reflection.
Perhaps this truly is not the case. Some of you on the inside I'm sure would beg to differ. Maybe its different each project.
I think many people (at least myself) who only get a glimpse at these processes from the outside, feel like the more talking/ studying/ compromising the more blah things end up.

?

In what world are considerations like height and density immaterial?

I personally don't see why this proposal is ridiculous.

You can list all the reasons you feel make it ridiculous, but you'd be wasting your time.

This proposal is adequate although It's too internally focused for me to be a fan of it. The original proposal represented a severe over building of the site whether you want to believe it or not.

I know that this proposal was bigger than anticipated for this site.
So, i understand that the city want to accommodate everyone.The city want to make sure that residents will be happy,that infrastructures can support the new traffic generated by the development,that shadow won't shade too much the area and many other thing like that.But more than 5 years to resolve all those issues is too long.this project could have been approved in 2 years if they were more serious.In many other cities and countries ,this project would have been approved in less than 3 years.Undertake infinite studies for this project is just ridiculous. I understand that some studies are mandatory , but repeat this process at infinity is just silly.To build something in Toronto,you have to be very patient and have a lot of cash to burn on bureaucracy and studies.
And that bureaucracy it making Toronto less competitive and represent a big cost for developers.So developers will pass these cost on new homes constructed.
This is a reason why new homes are so expensive.And this is a big reason why the architecture of new buildings is so poor.
In Toronto there is a lack of supply of homes.So if the city could approve home and condos tower more faster,it's could resolve that problem.
Toronto must become more competitive for everyone.
It's been a long time since there was a nice proposal for the city.
For once there is one,it's retarded by endless issues with the city.
This project will be a landmark for Torontonians and canadians .It's the first time that the project is delayed by Pinnacle.But i wanted to raise the issue of bureaucracy.
If 1 Yonge is finally approved on february 14, i hope that Pinnacle will be able to sell the project to customers next summer.

Last edited:
I know that this proposal was bigger than anticipated for this site.
So, i understand that the city want to accommodate everyone.The city want to make sure that residents will be happy,that infrastructures can support the new traffic generated by the development,that shadow won't shade too much the area and many other thing like that.But more than 5 years to resolve all those issues is too long.this project could have been approved in 2 years if they were more serious.In many other cities and countries ,this project would have been approved in less than 3 years.Undertake infinite studies for this project is just ridiculous. I understand that some studies are mandatory , but repeat this process at infinity is just silly.To build something in Toronto,you have to be very patient and have a lot of cash to burn on bureaucracy and studies.
And that bureaucracy it making Toronto less competitive and represent a big cost for developers.So developers will pass these cost on new homes constructed.
This is a reason why new homes are so expensive.And this is a big reason why the architecture of new buildings is so poor.
In Toronto there is a lack of supply of homes.So if the city could approve home and condos tower more faster,it's could resolve that problem.
Toronto must become more competitive for everyone.
It's been a long time since there was a nice proposal for the city.
For once there is one,it's retarded by endless issues with the city.
This project will be a landmark for Torontonians and canadians .Why retard more and more this wonderful project ?
If 1 Yonge is finally approved on february 14, i hope that Pinnacle will be able to sell the project to customers next summer.

There's just a lot of plainly ridiculous stuff in this post.

Completely unqualified and baseless assertions make for crappy discussion and debate.

To those that said that my statement is unqualified,you don t see real problem in Toronto.
Approve a building here is very long and costly for developers.So developers will pass their cost to home buyer.
I understand that studies are necessary.It is because the city want to make sure that the project will fit well into the city.
I m not against that.What i dislike the most is sometime, i it's too long to approve a project.
I know that my statement is controversial,but the city can improve the planning and approval process and everyone will win.
The home buyers will have their home earlier,the city will collect taxes earlier and developers will have less costs. I will assume my words. I love 1 Yonge a lot and i want to see it in our skyline.Those towers will bring beauty and bring world class architecture to the of the capital of Ontario.1 Yonge will become a modern landmark for Toronto and Canada in term of architecture.It s one of my favorite project in all Canada and this is what Toronto need to shy.

I am aware that some people dislike 1 Yonge too and some will be opposed to its development.
Other will dislike its architecture and height.
I know that there is conservative people on this forum. and they will be opposed to any change.
I do not force anyone to agree with me,but Toronto can improve its approval process and time.
I know that some of my posts are irrelevant.It is because i don t live in Toronto. I live in Ottawa and i love architecture a lot.
One day i would like to become a great real estate developer and i m preparing to move to Toronto.

People who who think Toronto can t be improve as a city, they dislike Toronto.
Thanks for your time and comprehension.

Last edited:
A Blather ?
I just raised current issues in the city.
I know that i was a off topic but the problem is real.
I noted that most people on this forum lack passion for architecture excellence.
This is a forum and people can express their opinion on architecture too.
I repeat that once more time. I don't have any insider information and i don t live in Toronto at all.
I live in the most boring capital in the world called Ottawa. But i love Toronto so much and don t hide my love for it.
I love 1 Yonge and this project will beautify the city a lot.
Is it bad to want badly this wonderful project for our province ?
Is it a blather to express my love for architecture on this forum too ?

To conclude, i hope that on February 14, 1 Yonge will finally get approved and let's go back to the original topic.
Thank you everyone.
:cool:

Last edited:

Back