Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

FCP is one of the few office towers that is not a faceless glass box like everything else being built today, and people still don't appreciate it?

no doubt FCP is among 2 or 3 other boxes that are pretty but I think its really old it needs to retire and some other nice sexy looking supertall (not a box) should replace it. what do you guys think?

Last edited:
no doubt FCP is among 2 or 3 other boxes that are pretty but I think its really old it needs to retire and some other nice sexy looking supertall (not a box) should replace it. what do you guys think?

Any sarcasm aside: First Canadian Place has been one of the star attractions to the Toronto skyline and downtown cityscape for many decades. It's part of the city's identity; and indeed "heritage" isn't limited to Toronto's oldest stock of buildings.

That wasn't a sarcasm I was serious.

Forgive me, but your seriousness didn't seem obvious. Why do you believe the demolition of the city's early skyscrapers for a new "edgy" stock of more artistically crafted "designer" skyscrapers is a more practical way forward with Toronto's real estate and heritage concerns -- than: focusing on currently empty and underdeveloped plots of land in the city and ensure the proposals and redevelopments meet higher standards?

Face it, dude: FCP is a hell of a lot nicer looking than most of the blue-green condo that has molded along the Gardiner. It's a box, yes, but its colour at least breaks up the monotony a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. FCP is a most welcome break from the dull tyranny of blue glass everywhere one looks.

And the idea of demolishing Toronto's tallest office tower in favour of building a supertall is beyond silly. It's not as if the present building is decrepit and on its last legs - its exterior has just been renewed and it looks fantastic.

"Retire" means some supertall at some other location in toronto takes the title. FTP just retires from the title of tallest without demolition.
Guys im sorry I try to say something else and u guys think that im saying something else. I know my English is as horrible as Hitler but im trying. My apologies.

"Retire" means some supertall at some other location in toronto takes the title. FTP just retires from the title of tallest without demolition.
Guys im sorry I try to say something else and u guys think that im saying something else. I know my English is as horrible as Hitler but im trying. My apologies.

Its ok Ushahid, your contributions are appreciated. I'm guessing you probably speak about 2-3 languages. Are you living in Toronto, going to school?

Hopefully the mods don't frown too much on this but...

I am convinced there have been statements written in such a way as to solicit rebukes from other UTers. I am convinced this is the deliberate work of an artful troll. Or the unintended work of a young teen. Either way, use discernment and be mindful of the above.

My two cents...

I think most people know that uzi is a teenager who doesn't speak English as his first language

Hopefully the mods don't frown too much on this but...

I am convinced there have been statements written in such a way as to solicit rebukes from other UTers. I am convinced this is the deliberate work of an artful troll. Or the unintended work of a young teen. Either way, use discernment and be mindful of the above.

My two cents...

I've talked to usahid before. He's not a troll. He moved to Canada just last year and English isn't his first language. And he's only in Grade 10 or 11. I'm glad to see how well his command of the language has progressed over the past few months.

Its ok Ushahid, your contributions are appreciated. I'm guessing you probably speak about 2-3 languages. Are you living in Toronto, going to school?

I live in B.C. and yes I go to school.
everyone thank you for the support and I must say that by observing you guys I have gained a lot, intelligence, knowledge, English etc.

Last edited:
Jeez, I don't like the FCP at all, but I don't want to destroy it. A perfectly well-functioning large office building less than 40 years old?

Back