Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

whatever u guys say but their designs are far way much better than the designs in Canada and they are introducing new technology and their skyscrapers are much greener than skyscrapers in Toronto.

whatever u guys say but their designs are far way much better than the designs in Canada and they are introducing new technology and their skyscrapers are much greener than skyscrapers in Toronto.

Source?

Also, I'll be the first to admit our (Canada) own environmental record is far from exemplary, but frankly China could be building cities replete with LEED Platinum designated buildings and it still wouldn't mean a damn thing. Lipstick on a pig.

Source?

Also, I'll be the first to admit our (Canada) own environmental record is far from exemplary, but frankly China could be building cities replete with LEED Platinum designated buildings and it still wouldn't mean a damn thing. Lipstick on a pig.

yeah, nothing good China does counts. Let's go back and talk about the "planet" that counts - North America (Mexico which is 3X Canada usually doesn't count, nor do other NA countries) and west Europe. Since the rest of the world didn't matter in 1980, let's put our head back to the sand pretend it still doesn't.

Apparently when it comes to architecture, nothing built in developing world counts - especially when the ideology is different.

yeah, nothing good China does counts. Let's go back and talk about the "planet" that counts - North America (Mexico which is 3X Canada usually doesn't count, nor do other NA countries) and west Europe. Since the rest of the world didn't matter in 1980, let's put our head back to the sand pretend it still doesn't.

Apparently when it comes to architecture, nothing built in developing world counts - especially when the ideology is different.

So that was supposed to make for they're deplorable environmental record? You skipped a few arguments to be made on my part and went directly for some neocolonial approach except you executed it terribly. You could have brought up the many global production chains where western firms take advantage of cheap labour, how our incessent demand for things effectively support terrible labour practices, etc... Worthy arguments that i probably would have agreed with you on but Instead you went for cute little cheap shots.

Anyway regarding the project, would an expanded island airport threaten this plan as it stands? Sorry if already clarified.

Yeah, but our condo windows break regularly.

Last time a Chinese development was in the news it was because the government allowed them to build an apartment block without a foundation, causing the building to literally topple on its side. And then there's the one that was somehow built right in the middle of a highway.

I'll take my broken windows thank you very much. ;)

Last time a Chinese development was in the news it was because the government allowed them to build an apartment block without a foundation, causing the building to literally topple on its side. And then there's the one that was somehow built right in the middle of a highway.

I'll take my broken windows thank you very much. ;)

You forget there is selective bias in our media.
Wait, I thought last time there was news about China was they landed on the moon, something only a handful of countries are able to do?

So that was supposed to make for they're deplorable environmental record? .

Speaking of mother earth, maybe we can compare green house gas emission per capita? Canada along with the US and Australia normally top the chart.
Or consumption of energy per person?

Didn't Canada just exited the Kyoto Protocol? We are not exactly in a position to preach other countries when it comes to the environment.
Let's put it this one, if every person consumes energy and emits GHG as a Canadian, the earth would already have been destroyed.

So - how about those buildings?

Back