Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

From Sunday
4D041CB1-14B8-42A3-BDBB-E5EE4D8C65C5.jpeg

From today
05946035-92A3-4C92-ACF2-8857B57D1324.jpeg

B74A2819-3B98-4584-BF3E-68C40BEBB20D.jpeg

ED607933-6F14-4E0F-A3C1-8BD7DFD69405.jpeg

53167025-C4E3-4286-8829-FF7926646F21.jpeg

That's not the art that's pictured, that's just a placeholder identifying the site where the art will be placed. When public art plans are presented to City Council, it's not to approve a particular piece of art, it's only to set the site, the amount to be spent on it, and the terms of finding an artist,.

So foiled again by Captain Placeholder!

So foiled again by Captain Placeholder!
Captain Placeholder must have been such a great digital artist.

His works are everywhere, but are never implemented in real life.

Apparently, it's because Captain Placeholder believes in not using too much physical materials and preferring materials that take up less space than one's thumb. After all, even very large Photoshop files with multiple layers take less space than very inexpensive USB flash drives.

Captain Placeholder must have been such a great digital artist.

His works are everywhere, but are never implemented in real life.

Apparently, it's because Captain Placeholder believes in not using too much physical materials and preferring materials that take up less space than one's thumb. After all, even very large Photoshop files with multiple layers take less space than very inexpensive USB flash drives.
In case you where wondering about the reference for that...

<3

In case you where wondering about the reference for that...

<3
There's even an NPC in Menethil Harbor named Adam Lind:

Yes, he shares the same name as a former Toronto Blue Jays player.

I bet that a member of the WoW development team was a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan when the game was made.

I bet that a member of the WoW development team was a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan when the game was made.
Yes, also because Lind played for the Seattle Mariners. And thus, why they have the NPC out of the dock in directing player characters what ship to take in Menethil Harbor. Well...least according to WowHead, anyroads...

...since the pigtails have already been shortened before for going off-topic on this forum before (ie. Apple on The One thread), I'm just going to leave that here. So we can go back to discussing the building at hand. But in the meantime, thanks for pointing that out - it's a great addition to my ever growing knowledge base of World of Warcraft trivia! <3

We need to stop allowing developers to select pieces for their Public Art Contribution. They don't have a clue or do they care. If we don't put a stop to this Toronto will end up the butt of jokes. It's getting embarrassing. We should make the contribution obligatory, make them fund it, but have a separate panel made up of qualified people who select pieces to be installed.

We don't let chefs design buildings or pilots do dentistry. Why are we letting developers choose public art we have to look at the next 40 years?

Last edited:
We need to stop allowing developers to select pieces for their Public Art Contribution. They don't have a clue or do they care. If we don't put a stop to this Toronto will end up the butt of jokes. It's getting embarrassing. We should make the contribution obligatory, make them fund it, but have a separate panel made up of qualified people who select pieces to be installed.

We don't let chefs design buildings or pilots do dentistry. Why are we letting developers choose public art we have to look at the next 40 years?
Toronto actually has some incredible public art. Im not sure why you are up in arms about current state of it.

Can you please tell me some art that you think is a joke? And then explain to me why your subjective view represents the views of all Torontonians?

You have a right to not enjoy certain art but that doesn't make it all embarrassing or a joke?

The developers are paying an artist to make art and by the sounds of it on mostly their terms. It isn't the developer making the art themselves .

Your argument is a joke. God you people love to complain

Toronto developers are required to employ qualified consultants to find artists and artworks for their public art contributions. As well as their private consultant, the developers work with the City's public art office to be certain that the artwork chosen will meet the City's requirements for durability, visibility, etc., etc. It's not like it all just happens by chance as you seem to think it does.

What is chosen in any particular case is never going to satisfy everybody as the appreciation of art is subjective, but hopefully others on this forum and beyond have a generally more favourable view of what we've amassed now than you do. I don't like every piece, I'm sure nobody likes every piece, but if you look you'll find there is now a hugely eclectic collection of works across the city, eclectic enough that I'm surprised you can write them all off the way you seem to be doing. And one more time, in case you missed it, the image pictured in this thread is a placeholder, and not the art that will end up in that spot.

...and not all Renaissance artwork is tasteful.

But I'd rather come to my own conclusion on what is tasteful and not tasteful, as opposed to what I am supposed to find tasteful by some clueless corners of the internets. And conversely, I am pretty sure what I find tasteful, others will beg to differ. But that's okay...as my opinion of artwork is mine alone, and no one else is obligated to agree with me on it. /shrug

Back