Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Buyers can't "demand" anything. They can choose not to buy it. In this case, if they do, others will happily buy it in their place.
And there-in lies the problem . People who fall for marketing hype and the flawed notion of primary homeownership as always being the best investment.

When I say 'demand' , I mean millions of people wake up and boycott. This kind of a project would have never sold 15 years ago because most people didnt worship at the throne of TREB, artifcially suppressed interest rates, cheap money and hype.. Condos from the early 00's have much more practical kitchens with more counterspace and full size fridges.

The more this building grows, the more it is growing on me. Nice materials and details so far. Nothing exceptional but not bad (and I will take "not bad" at this point, sadly).
The only miss is the glazing at the podium - especially since it is public-facing.

AoD
Exactly, this shot by @skycandy makes one wonder what Pinnacle were thinking. Developers usually spend the most near the ground so that passersby are impressed by what they can see best. I'm not arguing that the curtainwall and window wall should be swapped here, only that the window wall should have been of as high a quality as what's higher up.

p1220335-jpg.298380

Source

Full Tour, all-sides:

Lets start with the southern, and eastern facades, from the LCBO parking lot:

1612822922712.png

Close-up:

1612822978958.png

From the North:

1612823027635.png

1612823052646.png

Digression to stare down into a pit:

1612823098724.png

1612823122944.png

Back to the building, from the west now:

1612823174481.png

1612823200844.png

The future Harbour Street:

1612823248922.png

Finally, from the south:

1612823290435.png

Bonus shot (From Polson Quay)

1612823409078.png

Exactly, this shot by @skycandy makes one wonder what Pinnacle were thinking. Developers usually spend the most near the ground so that passersby are impressed by what they can see best. I'm not arguing that the curtainwall and window wall should be swapped here, only that the window wall should have been of as high a quality as what's higher up.

p1220335-jpg.298380

Source

The thinking is - those are "affordable" units, I believe.

AoD

Last edited:
The thinking is - those are "affordable" units, I believe.

AoD
…which is really unfortunate. In Regent Park, you can't tell when you're looking at an affordable or market unit from the outside. Here, instead of a 'poor door', there are 'poor windows'. There are probably going to be poor doors here too, don't have time to check the plans right now, but I'm thinking the poor windows may even be worse. At least with poor doors, the hardware is likely up-to-snuff.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the podium. We have the window wall installed but there's still a lot of bare concrete and insulation to be covered up. Based on the quality of the tower, it should bode well.

Are they at, or above, the half way point on the current tower that is under construction?
I just counted 33 levels (though I only took a glance so could be off) so I'd say yes, halfway.

So basically it's the shape and design of Sky tower squished into that.

Yep - uninspiring.

AoD

That's not the art that's pictured, that's just a placeholder identifying the site where the art will be placed. When public art plans are presented to City Council, it's not to approve a particular piece of art, it's only to set the site, the amount to be spent on it, and the terms of finding an artist,.

Back