Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

I would be shocked, ney SHOCKED if the final product was of such high quality (read: cost) design.

EDIT: I hope that new street visible on Freeland extends all the way over to Lakeshore and that they line it with retail.

Last edited:
It's impressive however , most of the action is centred in the Eastern hemisphere. The insanity continues in China and Mumbai is poised to takeover Dubai's place in super tall skyscrapers.

exactly.
The western hemisphere is largely mature with mostly older countries who have peaked 100+ years ago. So being the fastest growing out of this stagnant hemisphere really means very little.
44 buildings taller than 150m or roughly 50 stories tall, is hardly impressive...

Put the east aside, I wonder how Toronto's current boom really stacks up against Chicago/New York during their respective construction booms maybe 100 or 50 years ago, not at present. I think there is a chart circulating on this forum somewhere, and the conclusion is, Toronto still lags considerably in terms of # of buildings under construction when NYC/Chicago were going through their best times. We are only having a moderate boom right now.

From a novelists point of view, WOW. love it, finally something that does not look like a glass box, I only wished it could be built to this design, but if past projects are any indication, I seriously doubt it will. It seems that somehow, the city can take any unique design, and have them turned back into yet another square box that blends into the background, I hope that's not the case, it's nice to have something unique, especially right on the water front, fingers crossed!

Wow, very interesting development. This will dramatically change the skyline view from the lake/islands with these towers appearing almost as tall as the CN Tower from that perspective. This will be an interesting one to watch.

lol... nice fantasy renderings by HP, but there's no way in hell that Pinnacle will actually build that. We've seen them bait and switch before.

It's too early to call this bait and switch. This has not even reached the application stage yet. These are internal 'blue sky' ideas at this point.

I'd also like to take this moment to remind some forumers that we likely will not get ALL of these large developments. i.e. Oxford Place might happen along with this, but no Gehry. Or Gehry and Oxford will succeed, but not this development. I don't believe the demand is there to build ALL of these things. But maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm right though, as I think this massive amount of development is out of step with the (low) amount of public/government investment being put into expanding social/community amenities and services and transit in Toronto and other Canadian cities.

I'd also like to take this moment to remind some forumers that we likely will not get ALL of these large developments. i.e. Oxford Place might happen along with this, but no Gehry. Or Gehry and Oxford will succeed, but not this development. I don't believe the demand is there to build ALL of these things. But maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm right though, as I think this massive amount of development is out of step with the (low) amount of public/government investment being put into expanding social/community amenities and services and transit in Toronto and other Canadian cities.

I imagine that this development (as well as the Oxford and Mirvish proposals) will have very long timelines. I wouldn't be shocked if they all got built, but I think it could be well past 2020 or even 2025 when the ribbons are finally cut. Who knows, by then the DRL discussion might actually be serious.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if the DRL funding was secured by the end of the year anyways. (I think it will be the first thing that is funded by metrolinx's transit tax)

Hey innsertnamehere. I am new to the forum for posting, but have been a long time follower. I really admire your 3d model work on Google and would love to see you do a render with this project to get an idea of the scale of this, particularly from the islands.

already ahead of you!

305m + 285m +2x260m +143m +143m (toronto star building addition)

4-4_zpse8c73f3e.jpg

3-5_zps5ea2fdf3.jpg

2-6_zps33683991.jpg

1-9_zps57ae1105.jpg

WOW
Is there anything on height....and those two buildings that look like a "Y" shape....are those two buildings or 1 building? AND is this a real (official) rendering??

Last edited:

Back