Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

His comments towards the planning process are already quite opinionated. I'm not convinced.

I don't think people need to be snarky towards him; he clearly wants to learn. I also don't think he is height-obsessed as some of our members; I think he takes a legitimate interest in how buildings look. (That said, there is way more to a building than how it looks, and perhaps more importantly is why a building looks a certain way.) I just figured someone should politely point out to him that repetitive posts aren't appreciated on the boards and the mods will likely be on his case soon if he doesn't change it up.

I just want to learn and sometime, i express my opinion.
Normally this is the purpose of a forum.
That it.
:)

I just noticed that this one's become a fair bit stubbier in the latest revision. I'm not a fan of the changes.

Old:
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.34.58 PM.png

vs. new:
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.35.53 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 2,327
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.35.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 3.35.53 PM.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 2,802
A fairly incremental change. Agreed that the older design is sleeker but it's not that big a deal. More interested in the materials and cladding. Still not enamoured of what I've seen of the design.

The change is not that dramatic and it still pretty.
The 2 week hearing will start October 24 and this time i hope it will pass.
Good luck Pinnacle international.

:)

Unfortunate. The old one was over the top but, not in a garish sort of way. We could use more of that topping out our skyscrapers.

You right ,it rare that form of topping out here.
It futuristic and make like science fiction building.

I guess that's what happens when something is cut from 320m to 307m. The developer still wants the same number of units. So the more decorative elements suffer.

Ya the new slope is kinda generic. Looks like most of the new buildings that have that angle... Or pathetic attempt at it. Original slope parapet please... Go big and bold or don't bother taking up the land.

I guess that's what happens when something is cut from 320m to 307m. The developer still wants the same number of units. So the more decorative elements suffer.

It very common here. The more there is unit,the bigger will be the cashflow and profit.
So very often,the quality will suffer.But i think it will still be a landmark.

Agreed. I think it will look good regardless. I'm sure if they were allowed the height they would keep the slope. But what do I know. Until it's a done deal who knows what will happen

Is it confirm the height was a planning issue or is it Pinnacle slashing their budget by millions of dollars and construction time? The city hasn't been too concerned over parapet heights before.

It all boils down to $$$, as the roofline is something that can't be monetized.

The first roof I think would have been fairly expensive due to the structure needed to hold up a 10-storey decorative element.

It all boils down to $$$, as the roofline is something that can't be monetized.

The first roof I think would have been fairly expensive due to the structure needed to hold up a 10-storey decorative element.
Yes it would have been expensive.What i would like is that the city give a tax break ,when a building will have special feature.
The tax break can be an incentive to have a better architecture.Or another way could be a special fund for architecture.

Back