Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

White is just the worst colour choice for the exterior of these buildings. It's going to look stained and messy very quickly... which is charming for a Corb villa, but not a highrise condo.

how is pinnacle constructing their 4th phase of this building when it's only (approx.) 30% (sales source) sold??? they must have deep pockets.

how is pinnacle constructing their 4th phase of this building when it's only (approx.) 30% (sales source) sold??? they must have deep pockets.

likewise, Pinnacle also started construction on Pinnacle Centre 2 and Success Tower shortly after sales began for each of those phases ... so no Pinnacle does not depend on others to finance their projects, definitely a unique arrangement ... sign of a good solid backing developer

Pinnacle (part of the Decotiis family) self finances their projects in Toronto, Vancouver and San Diego.

Some excellent shots from Jasonzed at SSC:

20100411076.jpg

20100411077.jpg

20100411081.jpg

20100411082.jpg

20100411083.jpg

This one's going at quite the clip now. I'm not a fan of the architecture but I really like what this tower does for the nascent streetwall along Harbour.

Hmmmm.

Does anyone else realiize that the top mechanical roof of Success isn't completed yet? There's still some exposed concrete...

It's definitely still under construction. People aren't even living up to the top yet. I really hope those racing stripes are put in under the roof line, but I have a feeling they won't be. I've mentioned it several times here, but no one has said anything.

The "racing stripe" things that connect the shelf section to the vertical sides of the tower have been up for quite a while now. They were added later, though.

Oh I guess there just hasn't been an update showing that side in a while to see. I might be going downtown later this week, so maybe I'll take a look.

This is coming to Committee of Adjustment on 14 April:

To modify the redevelopment plan by constructing four additional storeys on top of the 46-storey mixed-use
building - Building D and by introducing additional retail space along the Gardiner Expressway frontage .
These modifications affect the height of the building, the gross floor area of the building and the dwelling units,
the proposed unit count, the parking, and the indoor amenity space. See: http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_am_14april10.pdf

good to hear that 33 Bay is seeking for increased height from 46s to 50s ... but on the other hand it is too bad the the complex's composition will be altered in that the 54s Success Tower will no longer be a significantly taller structure within the Pinnacle Centre project ... a 4 storey difference between Success and 33 Bay will not be noticible

Back