Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

IIRC, Torstar sold to a developer a while ago and the city has recently done a planning study for the property. I have no doubt something will happen sooner rather than later.

33 Bay underway, pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100221027.jpg

plus a quote by Valantino at SSC........
33 Bay has applied for an increase to 50 storeys.

50 floors huh. They seem to be pretty gung ho about this development. Might be a bit too much for this area given Success right beside it.

Damn, I have a good friend who lives in that building at the bottom-right of yon photo so I'm in the area quite often and I had fallen in love with the bare concrete abandonment of it all.

My personal fascination with abandoned spaces and raw concrete aside, this is for the better....I guess

I don't mind bland and sterile. Concrete is bland and sterile. What I mind is the lack of variation in styles and materials. In those shots, the buildings behind Success look like they form one giant, shapeless slab. From a purely visual inspection, I literally cannot tell how many buildings are in that photo.

Well, it's interesting how from a distance Pinnacle et al becomes virtually indistinguishable from the 2-decade-older World Trade Centre towers...

I live at 18 Harbour (Success Tower) and we quit like it. You should be aware that this building has two separate addresses. The first 33 floors of Success Tower are registered as
18 Harbour Street and floors 34 to 53 are registered as 16 Harbour Street. Same building 2 addresses. Each address has it's own concierge desk and entry, and each address has
it's own set of elevators. We are on the 25th floor on the North East Corner, we do hear train traffic and traffic from the Gardiner, but it is more like 'white noise' and not a nuisance.
We do have noise problems from ACC, during concerts we can hear the throbbing deep base sounds, and during hockey games we distinctly hear the 'horn' when the Leafs score. We have
noticed that the Hockey broadcasts are delayed by 3 seconds. First we hear the horn blast from ACC, and 3 seconds later, on TSN, we see them score the goal.
This may be a bit of a tangent, but as a hockey fan that horn blast is one of my biggest pet peeves. Every time the home team scores they blast the horn in a misguided attempt to create excitement when all it does is drown out the fans. The Leafs were one of the last teams to start using it. They even do it at the Olympics now.

Back