Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

Perhaps but, is it worth the hassle when they seem content with 46 storeys? I don't know ... more time to closing, committees, new drawings, new advertisment ... heck .. maybe even alternations to the current foundations or something small as another pump to pressurized water up to the 56th floor. There own other parking lots.

Yeah...makes sense

A concrete cutting company spent all day cutting a rather large square hole into the unfinished podium at the Pinnacle Centre. The new hole is at the south centre part of the podium where the named Success Tower 2, and/or 33 Bay Street and/or Pinnacle Tower 4 building will be constructed.

The success of Ice bodes well for new construction in this location. Sounds like they may be gearing up to go.

That's what I thought too, better suite layouts and probably better prices to compete and plug-in to the excitement of ICE nearby.

The base of the tower crane is being installed today. When I walked by, only the tower portion was on site - I didn't see a cab or boom waiting to be put on top. I'm not sure if those pieces will follow later today or if they'll be insalled later this week.

The tower and cab has been installed and both pieces of the boom are sitting on the roof the the podium. When they were building Success 1, they were averaging 3 floors every 2 weeks. The building is to be 43 floors. It should top out in about 30/35 weeks

This is great news! I'm glad it's going to be finished. I suspected it would, despite all the doom and gloomers.

Pinnacle has very very deep pockets - most projects are self financed, so it was really just a matter of time before this one started up again.

24 January 2010:

dsc00009rof.jpg

Nice! Looks like they weren't kidding about the Oct 2011 occupancy date

Very nice shot too. At this angle, the towers somehow.. almost fit in. Or maybe it's the green sky.

Back