Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

My problem is having buildings set within one of Canada's busiest highways. Who would ever want to live there, other than renters.....?

My problem is having buildings set within one of Canada's busiest highways. Who would ever want to live there, other than renters.....?
I don't know, ask residents in one of the other 20 or 30 condos lining the Gardiner :p

Construction Status (August 9, 2008) ... Success 1 coming along nicely

My problem is with the base. It looks so weak and has no character.

Your refering to the the north side which is facing the Gardiner and mostly hidden... there is no need to have anything dramatic on that side... The south side is quite varied and different

The towers are a little to identical... Just nice if they varied them more.

The towers are different in colour and architectural signatures... so they don't look alike... again, you'll have to view the project from the south as you can't get a clear picture from the north

The towers are different in colour and architectural signatures... so they don't look alike... again, you'll have to view the project from the south as you can't get a clear picture from the north

But is that not a failure in itself? Is architecture not a three-dimensional art? Why should a building or a series of buildings only look good from one angle?

That said, has anyone had a look at the back of the Festival Tower?

I think he is refering to the Gardiner which interupts the north view as the towers are as variedfrom this view as they are from the south. I also think expecting an engaging podium two feet from the Gardiner's superstructure is asking a little too much.

Is architecture not a three-dimensional art?

However building is a commercial enterprise ... a high risk one at that.

If I can give credit to the Success Tower, I must say, it has a very imposing look to it, which can be seen as an attractive feature. It looks mean and hulking above in any photo.

I got a letter from Pinnacle today telling me that my official move in date is to be June 30 2009. They do state there are sometimes delays, so we may expect it to be later than that I guess. When we first bought a couple of years ago, we were told that the building would be complete in the spring of 2009. Not bad considering the delays they had because of the lousy winter weather last year.

as posted by zJMac on flickr....this is Success Tower, right?

2699461255_d04643ea83_o.jpg

I got a letter from Pinnacle today telling me that my official move in date is to be June 30 2009. They do state there are sometimes delays, so we may expect it to be later than that I guess. When we first bought a couple of years ago, we were told that the building would be complete in the spring of 2009. Not bad considering the delays they had because of the lousy winter weather last year.

...and all the lousy weather this spring and summer

as posted by zJMac on flickr....this is Success Tower, right?

Right.

Can someone remind me who is responsible for the lack of architecture of this project? I can't remember whom Pinnacle barely hired.

Back