Toronto Picasso Condos | 128.62m | 39s | Mattamy Homes | Teeple Architects

17992841556_1c3c7d4385_b.jpg

I get so happy every time I see this building. It's such a welcome addition in every light!

They have been planting trees on the terraces the last few days

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 1,408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 1,389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 1,405
This stretch of Richmond is turning into one of Toronto's best visual backdrops. I can see it becoming a very popular location for films, glamour shots for magazine covers and tourism publications. Not sure if the big rock installation for the NE corner is still in the books but that will even add to the mix.

The way in which these developments (Picasso, Tableaux and QR Centre) have all come together to create a cohesive whole should prove to be a model for what thoughtful, imaginative planning and design can do for the city. The payoff may not be immediate, or be in a single lump sum, but once all the elements are in place it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Wow love the addition of the trees. Nice to see them planting them now in the spring. Hopefully they do well.

I'm a huge fan of this project, but I'm not optimistic about the trees here. I'm just enjoying the view while they're still alive.

This stretch of Richmond is turning into one of Toronto's best visual backdrops. I can see it becoming a very popular location for films, glamour shots for magazine covers and tourism publications. Not sure if the big rock installation for the NE corner is still in the books but that will even add to the mix.

The Claude Cormier park is still in the mix, but on the ULI Tour de Toronto which stopped here on Saturday we learned that department after department after department at the City has been telling the developers to get this form, do that thing, talk to these guys, go back to that other office, etc., for about three years, even though it's all approved at the Planning and By-law level. UrbanCapital recently appealed to Joe Cressy to get the various departments to get it sorted out so they can get working on it.

I work at the art supply store at the corner of richmond and spadina and we already get lots of notices for filming along that stretch. but it is true, it will probably continue to increase.

Thought id Contribute some photos from yesterday wile shopping and site seeing.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 560
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 579
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg