Toronto Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning | ?m | 21s | Sick Kids | Diamond Schmitt

that's probably the most colourful spot in the entire city....very nice.

i love the way that great Uno Prii building looks, nestled amongst all that chromaticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of a sudden one of the dreariest parts of downtown is alive with colour. I love it, keep it coming.

The building in the foreground--Uno Prii?--looks absolutely fantastic. Toronto needs so much more colour like that.

Ah, no. The Prii is the (still quite playful) grey concrete slab in the middleground. The blue boxes are by regionalArchitects I think.

Rather surprising lot of good architecture in that shot, and around it - if you include the House of Industry, the Dentistry School, and the Shell Building.

Pic taken Apr 14, 2012

CyfD3.jpg

Ah, no. The Prii is the (still quite playful) grey concrete slab in the middleground. The blue boxes are by regionalArchitects I think.

Rather surprising lot of good architecture in that shot, and around it - if you include the House of Industry, the Dentistry School, and the Shell Building.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, well, I like both. I've always been intrigued by that Prii building.

I still look forward to the UT tour of this one. Any idea when this will be happening?

We have asked to go in once glazing has been applied to the first of the balcony areas.

God, those are some butt-ugly buildings in and in back of the way... Thank you (religious figure, perhaps?) for these two new projects... Looking great...

Yonge from Gerrard to Wellesley is very ugly in a lot of places. Some people might talk down Aura, but it is going to finally take some attention away from the east side of Yonge. If I could tear down one building in Toronto it would be the brown building in the above pictures. It takes up so much of Yonge and does so little for the street. I don't think I've ever spent any money in it's retail.

I agree, except about Dentistry! Gates of Mordor, I always think.

It was jolly decent of E. J. Lennox to respect Thomas's original Tudor Gothic design when he made major additions to the House of Industry in the 1890s ( adding the wings ) and early 1900s ( adding the third floor ). We're so used to thinking of him as Toronto's Richardson Romaneque Guy, and nothing else.

Does anyone else really like that brown brick building in the foreground on the right ?

I love how some of us can hate a building while others (or potentially just me :) ) like it.

Back