Toronto Peter and Adelaide | 152.39m | 47s | Graywood | BBB

It's a toss up for whether this or the Social at Church + Dundas get my "Design" Haus award of the year. How those columns will work out will be the deciding factor which will get that distinguishing recognition from me...
This is far better than Social or Design Haus.

Is it good? No. It's more so just.. bland. It's not actively offensive like those two are, IMO.

This is far better than Social or Design Haus.

Is it good? No. It's more so just.. bland. It's not actively offensive like those two are, IMO.
I disagree. It tries to use colour prefab (the lipstick) to cover up/distract us from this bargain grey spandrel monstrosity (the pig). And not really do a good job at it. Making it as disingenuous as the anti-Social that tries to cover up/distract us from it's Herb Tarlek beige and now brown spandrel (the pig) with balcony and podium sophistry (the lipstick). And not really do a good job at that either...

...now of coarse, this is obviously my opinion on the matter. And one that no one is obligated to agree with. As it is also my award for buildings that make me throw up inside...from bottom line (and feeding) developers who has stuck us with value engineered eyesores for the ages. /sigh

Also, a very close runner up to these is the Baka Nobu. >.<

IMG_3715.jpeg

Thought maybe, just maybe, we’d get copper coloured cladding for those angled columns

View attachment 529852

Forgot I took this photo of the, assumed grocer, retail space. Looks like it’s up for lease, guessing the original plans for a grocery store fell through?

This is not the grocery space, its the ground floor space.

The supermarket just applied for its permits last week.

Announcement pending.

This is not the grocery space, its the ground floor space.

The supermarket just applied for its permits last week.

Announcement pending.

Thanks for the info! Hopped on the Building Permits site myself hoping to get some hints, but only got “food store”

IMG_3804.png

Thanks for the info! Hopped on the Building Permits site myself hoping to get some hints, but only got “food store”

You're welcome.

I could probably say what it is now; but I don't know if I'm allowed to take away all of @ProjectEnd 's fun.

I will provide a collection of reminder hints:

It is not a 'big chain'.

It is a chain.

It currently only has suburban outposts.

It has not yet been mentioned in this thread.

You're welcome.

I could probably say what it is now; but I don't know if I'm allowed to take away all of @ProjectEnd 's fun.

I will provide a collection of reminder hints:

It is not a 'big chain'.

It is a chain.

It currently only has suburban outposts.

It has not yet been mentioned in this thread.
It's obviously Knob Hill Farms! :p

OK, but seriously you've finally tempted me to make some guesses. My picks are either Starsky or Goodness Me (yes, they had core locations from the Noah's purchase, but all have closed)

It's obviously Knob Hill Farms! :p

OK, but seriously you've finally tempted me to make some guesses. My picks are either Starsky or Goodness Me (yes, they had core locations from the Noah's purchase, but all have closed)

Unfortunately, No and No.

Unfortunately, No and No.
Alright then, my Hail Mary is Highland Farms, though I really didn't think it could be them.

Also, just gonna list Pusateri's & Nature's Emporium as not meeting your criteria as they've already got core locations, unless we have different geographical reference frames.

Alright then, my Hail Mary is Highland Farms, though I really didn't think it could be them.

Also, just gonna list Pusateri's & Nature's Emporium as not meeting your criteria as they've already got core locations, unless we have different geographical reference frames.

No; and you are correct, the latter do not meet the criteria.

Thank you. So do you know if this project is registered and for sure will be built? My unit is on the 37th floor facing north, if this one goes up will completely block the view...
Assuming so, they've started to demolish the buildings on that site...

Back