Mississauga Pearson Transit Hub | ?m | ?s | GTAA

At least there's alignment between the municipalities and Province/Feds.

What I'd like to see is how they're planning to bring the Kitchener corridor under Pearson. The devil is in the details.
that is just what we need....another reason to delay service improvements on that line....."we are working on exciting things for the 2030 decade so we need to plan all service with that in mind...in the meantime stick with us and forget what we said about incremental improvements".

At least there's alignment between the municipalities and Province/Feds.

What I'd like to see is how they're planning to bring the Kitchener corridor under Pearson. The devil is in the details.

I don't see hoe it would be possible to bring the railway corridor to the airport, unless it gets elevated over the 409 and Airport Road. But it would be better off anyways to have a shuttle from the railway corridor to the terminals, with check in kiosks at the railway station. The trip to the Airport would be just as fast and those who are travelling through would have a faster trip.

I don't see hoe it would be possible to bring the railway corridor to the airport, unless it gets elevated over the 409 and Airport Road. But it would be better off anyways to have a shuttle from the railway corridor to the terminals, with check in kiosks at the railway station. The trip to the Airport would be just as fast and those who are travelling through would have a faster trip.
I'm of the camp that the true potential of a Pearson transit hub would not be unlocked if all this infrastructure is not directly smack dab centre of airport/terminal property.

I think the current plan seems to be a 2-track spur to bring trains into Pearson via the 409 corridor and then a tunnel under Airport Rd back to the corridor further northwest. This would be in addition to the existing UPX spur which seems to be somewhat retained (at least up until the location of the hub).

The existing Kitchener corridor would be retained, and I assume different levels of service will either serve Pearson or the regular corridor.

What I'd like to see is how they're planning to bring the Kitchener corridor under Pearson.
There could be two birds stoned with one kill on this. It would effectively be the Brampton by-pass at the same time, avoiding the need for a third track through downtown Brampton, not an easy proposition.

I read the article but did not see where they specifically state that the plan is to build under Pearson... Did I miss something?

That said I am on record as saying that this would be the best course of action, despite the costs.

There could be two birds stoned with one kill on this. It would effectively be the Brampton by-pass at the same time, avoiding the need for a third track through downtown Brampton, not an easy proposition.
Now we're in multi billion $$$$ tunneling. I mean if we can do it in Scarborough, we can certainly do it here given the higher benefits, right? :D

Now we're in multi billion $$$$ tunneling. I mean if we can do it in Scarborough, we can certainly do it here given the higher benefits, right? :D
Actually I think a lot of the talk is beyond wishful thinking, but if the "HSR" claim is to be accepted (and I don't) then by-passing Brampton would be a given,

Actually I think a lot of the talk is beyond wishful thinking, but if the "HSR" claim is to be accepted (and I don't) then by-passing Brampton would be a given,
yep, once again our very naive Mayor is being played like a fiddle. She has thrown her unwaivering support to this Hub and the HSR and i have yet to see her acknowledge or comment that a fairly important part of the plans are to bypass Brampton.

She is the only politician involved in this that has ever mentioned Brampton as part of that "innovation corridor".....she should be far more restrained in her support until the mayors of KW and Toronto acknowledge that Brampton is a part of this corridor and that serving Brampton is and should be part of the plan. She keeps talking about connecting Brampton's innovative youth to the region via this hub....there is no clear indication that anything other than the 115 bus will be doing that.

I read the article but did not see where they specifically state that the plan is to build under Pearson... Did I miss something?

That said I am on record as saying that this would be the best course of action, despite the costs.

The GO corridor that is (partly) tunnelled is referenced in this map:

upload_2017-2-24_16-32-17-png.100166

She keeps talking about connecting Brampton's innovative youth to the region via this hub....there is no clear indication that anything other than the 115 bus will be doing that.

But that's not a small detail. Waterloo not becomes more commutable with HSR and their upcoming LRT. Indeed, positioned between Waterloo and Toronto, Brampton stands to gain. Malton probably has better prospects than Brampton. But that's not to say it isnt' a positive development.

But that's not a small detail. Waterloo not becomes more commutable with HSR and their upcoming LRT. Indeed, positioned between Waterloo and Toronto, Brampton stands to gain. Malton probably has better prospects than Brampton. But that's not to say it isnt' a positive development.
really depends which services go through Brampton and which ones stop there.....no?

So was bringing a mainline railway here (not a Pearson-Downtown service) ever in any plan when Pearson was envisioned. Or I guess I'm asking is it a genuinely fresh concept for intercity rail, or is there some foundation for this going back decades? Also I think FWLRT to YYZ is a bit of a stretch.

Quick question- does Pearson own all the industrial land north of the airport going up to the rail line?

Could simplify or complicate things since I presume some of the land will need to accommodate construction/entry portals of the new transit lines (and all of it will probably be redeveloped at some point).

Quick question- does Pearson own all the industrial land north of the airport going up to the rail line?

Technically, Pearson (GTAA) doesn't own any land at the airport. The have use of the chunk going east to 427 but they do not own anything East of Airport road toward the north. That said, the local municipality would likely be pretty co-operative about sharing space under the roadway.

Diagram 14.2 on the second page:
https://www.torontopearson.com/uplo...Master_Plan/MP_Chapter_14_Land_Use_Part_1.pdf

Back