News   Jun 06, 2024
 323     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 384     0 
News   Jun 06, 2024
 622     0 

Toronto Parks

Very cool, I like the design. But as soon as you said it involved the demo of Metro Hall, I wrote it off.

New park spaces are better targeted at areas where buildings are older and in need of revitalization (see Regent Park in the Regent Park neighbourhood). Metro Hall has too much value in terms of office space, especially in a time where downtown is experiencing a 'Manhattanization' and land is becoming increasingly scarce and valuable.

I'd support your park if it were in a beat-up location. Sorry to rain on your parade.

The pics below were posted in the Aura thread. They remind me how great the potential for Allen Gardens is, and so under-realized! With some improvements it could easily be Toronto's version of Montreal's Square St. Louis... and even better really given the victorian built form here. Sigh, what could be!

The pics below were posted in the Aura thread. They remind me how great the potential for Allen Gardens is, and so under-realized! With some improvements it could easily be Toronto's version of Montreal's Square St. Louis... and even better really given the victorian built form here. Sigh, what could be!

Allan Gardens is well used...by dogs, pigeons and various other riff raff (off-leash areas are the bane of parks...the city should charge every dog-owner in the city $1000 per year per dog).

That's what happens when you ghettoize an entire section of the city. Allan Gardens used to be the epicentre of the wealthiest neighbourhood in the city. Things are slowly improving at least.

Allan Gardens is well used...by dogs, pigeons and various other riff raff (off-leash areas are the bane of parks...the city should charge every dog-owner in the city $1000 per year per dog).

That's what happens when you ghettoize an entire section of the city. Allan Gardens used to be the epicentre of the wealthiest neighbourhood in the city. Things are slowly improving at least.

How much space does the dog park in Allan Gardens take up?

Back