Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

This is not a good shot. From a bus, from a cellphone, on the Gardiner.
But I wanted to include it, because it's about the only time I've ever seen a building actually look like a rendering - 'tower in the park' et al. Usually, the letdown from a 'photorealistic' rendering is part of our modern architectural strangeness. But seeing a building actually look like one is even weirder.

IMG_20130612_162023_zps6fa2c651.jpg

In the rendering, the podium's non-glass horizontal cladding is bright orange, which would have been a great dose of colour amidst all the grey. Instead, the developer used an almost unnoticeable beige-orange cladding.

They ripped out some walls for Bishops Landing yesterday. Forms for balcony have been up for a few days now.

D9qcZFK.jpg

hTVAjXf.jpg

We have a front page story on Approaching Red today, which includes a superb little film introducing you to the artist and how it all came about.

The inelegant bridge connecting the Parade buildings is, in an inelegant gesture, presently having a massive Canadian flag draped from it.

I can't wait for this to open, finally a decent dining choice in cityplace. Having spent many nights at South of Temperance, I'm sure it will be good.

Parade is officially complete now. Concord threw a pair of parties this week for residents to say 'welcome', and to let them know that the SkyLounge will be opening for them on Saturday.

We have a story on the parties here, and will be back with a story on the SkyLounge next week.

Back