Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

4 May 2013: Hard to believe so much has been built during the past 6 years....

rps20130504214611.jpg

Regarding the Liquor application for the "Bishops Landing" Restaurant

City Council on May 7 and 8, 2013, adopted the following:

1. City Council direct the City Clerk to advise the Registrar of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (the “AGCO”) that the issuance of a liquor licence for the Bishops Landing at 82 Fort York Boulevard (the “Premises”), is not in the public interest having regard to the needs and wishes of the residents and that the Registrar should issue a Proposal to Review the liquor licence application.

2. City Council request the Licence Appeal Tribunal (“LAT”) to provide the City with an opportunity to be made a party in any proceedings with respect to the Premises.

3. City Council that the City Solicitor be authorized to attend all proceedings before the LAT in this matter and be directed to take all necessary actions so as to give effect to this Motion, including adding and deleting conditions to any liquor licence issued for the Premises, in consultation with the Ward Councillor, which address issues including, but not limited to, noise, safety, security personnel, security cameras, crowd control, signage, lighting and litter.

BKQ5ARbCIAAl49E.jpg

Rendering of Bishops Landing, opening soon at the base of Parade, retweeted by CityPlaceRA on twitter.

Attachments

• BKQ5ARbCIAAl49E.jpg
    BKQ5ARbCIAAl49E.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,437
Bellissimo.
CP is a bit gastronomically challenged and need more restaurants besides the quick fast food and Sobeys.
Looking forward to this opening.

They've ripped off the top planks of the patio. Guess they're going to use their own wood.

The patio will be quite sunny from noon onwards. It faces south and there's nothing taller enough on the west side to block the rays. Hope they'll have plenty of patio umbrellas.

That patio is great news. I was wondering why the planks were missing. I figured they weren't finished with installation or something yet (I just moved in the other day)

If any are curious about the bridge lighting, here's a shot I took the other night. I read quite a few pages back while skimming the thread that some were wondering if the lights would be annoying. For me, on floor 23, I can't even tell they're on (as opposed to the lighting on the red art piece out front that burns out my retinas as soon as I lean on my balcony). May not be the same for residents nearer to the bridge, but they shut off at 10:30pm anyways, so probably not an annoyance for most?

8818045242_f4b71f91b4_c.jpg

Cool shot! Welcome to UT, dc!

Bridge at Parade

I can imagine it's no brighter than the Rogers Centre. I enjoy my big blue nightlight - but I also don't need blackout curtains to sleep.

I wondered if the blue lights will be annoying to the residents living on the bridge.

Another question - is there a rooftop patio on top of the bridge? Certainly looks like it from street level. I would love for Concord to offer an open house once the units and common elements are done up there. Must have absolutely magnificent views. At least let BlogTO in to do a photoshoot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I look more closely at the rendering...are they going to split the space into two levels? Looks like a balcony thingy with cool foldable glass walls. I recall only one level in the space right now.

It reminds me of the patio space at South of Temperance. CP really needs a place like this.
I hope it draws another quality restaurant tenant on the opposite site.

Back