Toronto Panda Condominiums | 107.59m | 30s | Lifetime | Turner Fleischer

A not even slightly subtle bait-and-switch in order to get this approved as a parking lot, I'd imagine. I doubt the restaurant plan was ever actually going to happen.

It's going to be really depressing seeing an empty parking lot there for the next few months or years. I'll have to be sure to look the other way and pretend it's not there.

Don't dispair, the next mandarin is only 10 minutes away!
I only walk and I can't think of any Mandarin within a 10 minute walk. That sardine can of a Yonge subway is unfathomable and should be avoided at all times. That explains why I need me some Mandarin downtown.

Nobody should ever be forced to go north of Bloor. Get with the program here. I grew up in the Hell Hole called North York and I get traumatized going anywhere north of St. Clair but even that I keep to rare occasions.

I expect everything I need and want to be DOWNTOWN!

And yes, I would complain big-time if a parking lot were to be constructed. In that case, they should have just left it as a book store until they were ready to build something.

Last edited:
I only walk and I can't think of any Mandarin within a 10 minute walk. That sardine can of a Yonge subway is unfathomable and should be avoided at all times. That explains why I need me some Mandarin downtown.

Nobody should ever be forced to go north of Bloor. Get with the program here. I grew up in the Hell Hole called North York and I get traumatized going anywhere north of St. Clair but even that I keep to rare occasions.

haha I agree with you. In theory one should never need to go north of St Clair Ave. I actually seldom do, except occasionally I need to try some real Chinese food which is for some mysteriously reason completely absent south of Sheppard Ave.

I don't agree the Yonge subway is a sardine can though... maybe only during rush hours. I do take it from time to time during weekends and there are always plenty of seats. What annoys me is the frequent problems the subway system has, more frequently than any city I have been to.

And yes, I would complain big-time if a parking lot were to be constructed. In that case, they should have just left it as a book store until they were ready to build something.

I work on the same block on the Elm side. Walking past this building more often than not made me want to vomit with the smell of urine. I'm glad it's gone.

But... But.. Midtown. :(

But... But.. Midtown. :(

Midtown is an illusion. The entire midtown is essentially about Yonge st between Bloor and Eglinton. Take Yonge away the "midtown" is just the rest of the outlaying areas of the city. Streets like Avenue road, Spadina, Bathurst, most of Bayview and Mt Pleasant have nothing but pure residential. Same with the side streets.

^Midtown is just a locational identifier. It has no requirements as to amount of commercial property in order to attain the midtown name. It is a hub area, especially and increasingly at Y and E. There will be more office space added there eventually, as there will be eventually at Y and B.

Also Torontovibe, why is going north of St. Clair so traumatizing. There are some beautiful areas in Midtown.

Personally, I think The Mandarin is a bit of a hell hole, but that's just my opinion..

^Midtown is just a locational identifier. It has no requirements as to amount of commercial property in order to attain the midtown name. It is a hub area, especially and increasingly at Y and E. There will be more office space added there eventually, as there will be eventually at Y and B.

Also Torontovibe, why is going north of St. Clair so traumatizing. There are some beautiful areas in Midtown.

Personally, I think The Mandarin is a bit of a hell hole, but that's just my opinion..

For me, my limit is Eglinton, or even the 401 sometimes. There are some good areas beyond, but nothing makes my nose bleed like Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton, and the north side of Scarborough and Etobicoke.

For me, my limit is Eglinton, or even the 401 sometimes. There are some good areas beyond, but nothing makes my nose bleed like Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton, and the north side of Scarborough and Etobicoke.

vast majority of North York is really not difference from north Scarborough. It is sad to see the city sprawl to those areas, and then the residents complain about transit being not good enough.

vast majority of North York is really not difference from north Scarborough. It is sad to see the city sprawl to those areas, and then the residents complain about transit being not good enough.

These residents keep re-electing anti-transit and low-tax douche bags. They can complain all they want about transit.

Yep, and they keep voting for Harper, Hudak, and Ford.

Yep, and they keep voting for Harper, Hudak, and Ford.

Is this why every riding in Scarborough, North York, North Toronto, Etobicoke, and York went to a Liberal (or NDP candidate in the case of Parkdale-High Park and Toronto-Danforth) candidate? See link.

Back on topic please.

So is this actually cancelled or what?

there was never a specific project to speak of.
4 possibly genetic restaurants were hardly a "project" worthy of a thread on UT. We would need to wait for what the develop comes up with eventually.

Back