Toronto Pan Am Village in the West Don Lands | ?m | ?s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

Shot yesterday while I was down in by the distillery to shop for a birthday present.

DistilleryBuild-Jul7-13.png

Laid most of the streetcar tracks along Cherry Street south of Eastern this past week...and started planting trees (at Mill St), too! :)

Yes, it's an exciting milestone in TTC history!

All signs point to Cherry Street being reopened here sometime in....2013. Did anyone believe that the reconstruction was going to be completed by Dec. 31, 2012? I always add a year or two...and I'm never disappointed :p

Taken August 5, 2013:

The vacant lot in the bottom left of this image is the future Honda car dealership building next to Volvo.

What is being planed for the lot just south of the new Honda dealership ? It recently got paved over so probably nothing for a while ?

Also, the distillery district hotel, is that project basically shelved now ? I recall the city rejected the plan due to the heritage building, namely what it was used for on the inside (I forgot the exact use). Does this mean those 2 old historic buildings just north of the district have no plans at the moment and will likely remain derelict for a while ? I think its a shame the hotel wasn't allowed to go ahead; They were planning on keeping the outside facade, who in their right mind would keep the interior use ...

What is being planed for the lot just south of the new Honda dealership ? It recently got paved over so probably nothing for a while ?

Also, the distillery district hotel, is that project basically shelved now ? I recall the city rejected the plan due to the heritage building, namely what it was used for on the inside (I forgot the exact use). Does this mean those 2 old historic buildings just north of the district have no plans at the moment and will likely remain derelict for a while ? I think its a shame the hotel wasn't allowed to go ahead; They were planning on keeping the outside facade, who in their right mind would keep the interior use ...

The paved lot south of Front Street will be used for temporary buildings during PAG. Dining Hall, Welcome Centre etc. No doubt after the Games it will be a prime building site.

The Hotel & Condo proposal at 60 Mill is currently on hold - the City were happy to see a proposal but the tower on top of the Rack House was seen as too dominant and, I think, that very little parking was proposed which would have been a problem once all the vacant sites like the paved lot go. I bet the hotel/condo proposal resurfaces - it had many great features. See: http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/gansevoort-hotel-condos

The paved lot south of Front Street will be used for temporary buildings during PAG. Dining Hall, Welcome Centre etc. No doubt after the Games it will be a prime building site.

The Hotel & Condo proposal at 60 Mill is currently on hold - the City were happy to see a proposal but the tower on top of the Rack House was seen as too dominant and, I think, that very little parking was proposed which would have been a problem once all the vacant sites like the paved lot go. I bet the hotel/condo proposal resurfaces - it had many great features. See: http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/gansevoort-hotel-condos

Great thanks ! I'd love to see that or any hotel in the area go ahead.

It'll probably be at least a decade before this are feels more complete / concrete ... this applies directly to the WDL area as well, there will be several empty plots of lands after the Pan Am Games.

But yea, fingers crossed that in probably 2 decades that won't be the case anymore.

image.jpg
Sorry for the quality, but thought I would share. From yesterday/sunday august 11 2013.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 745
August 18

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

Attachments