Toronto Ontario Place | ?m | ?s | Infrastructure ON

If I'm that 'person' you're referring to, then let me be clear...when I suggested Mr. Ford was 'clearly' interested in spas in a previous comment, I was using sarcasm. Why it seems to have taken on a life of its own is beyond me. Perhaps I should have prefaced my comment with a warning quote from the late, great Brittany Murphy..."I do sarcasm really poorly"!
I think it was picard102 he was referring to, not you. And in fact, my referencing the K's as DoFo's hypothetical motivator was fundamentally complimenting/furthering said sarcasm.

And really, when it comes to picard102 construing my K's reference as a smear on women in general: look, you don't have to be anti-woman to snark at the banality of the proverbial "spa vacation"--heck, I grew up in the same Princess Anne Manor neighbourhood that the Fords lived in until recently, and *my own mother* would have been the sort who'd have sneered at the emptiness of the nouveau riche "spa vacation" moms & daughters around her; or if she, herself, were gifted such a thing, she'd have used it as an opportunity to have a worm's eye window on the mediocrity.

So this really is a Doug-esque "this one's for the girls" gesture. And "the girls" being nothing more than a gendered version of the "folks" or "people" he's prone to using as a benchmark--those "folks" and "people" who don't give two hoots about the Greenbelt, or about how neither OP or OSC are "your average theoretical facility" facing an "end of life" circumstance, as if they were your average sports arena or stadium destined to be imploded after such-and-such a time...

I think it was picard102 he was referring to, not you. And in fact, my referencing the K's as DoFo's hypothetical motivator was fundamentally complimenting/furthering said sarcasm.

And really, when it comes to picard102 construing my K's reference as a smear on women in general: look, you don't have to be anti-woman to snark at the banality of the proverbial "spa vacation"--heck, I grew up in the same Princess Anne Manor neighbourhood that the Fords lived in until recently, and *my own mother* would have been the sort who'd have sneered at the emptiness of the nouveau riche "spa vacation" moms & daughters around her; or if she, herself, were gifted such a thing, she'd have used it as an opportunity to have a worm's eye window on the mediocrity.

So this really is a Doug-esque "this one's for the girls" gesture. And "the girls" being nothing more than a gendered version of the "folks" or "people" he's prone to using as a benchmark--those "folks" and "people" who don't give two hoots about the Greenbelt, or about how neither OP or OSC are "your average theoretical facility" facing an "end of life" circumstance, as if they were your average sports arena or stadium destined to be imploded after such-and-such a time...
All I can say to that is...as someone who's never previously set foot in one, after the last few days of ups and downs re: Ontario Place and the Ontario Science Centre, I feel I could use a good spa treatment about now!😀

All I can say to that is...as someone who's never previously set foot in one, after the last few days of ups and downs re: Ontario Place and the Ontario Science Centre, I feel I could use a good spa treatment about now!😀
And with regard to picard102's assertion that "Therme will be a water park with some spa services, and a greenhouse. It will have a wave pool and water slides."--yes. However, the spa is the central element to the pitch. And we're talking about a modern theme-resort type of spa a la what's replaced Cullen Gardens in Whitby, not one of those old-world Central European mineral-spring places which Wes Anderson freaks love to go to. Such modern-day "package spas" are suburban-moms-and-daughters by nature--so all the other water-park features promised for Therme is by way of turning what'd ordinarily be a "mom resort" into a "family resort", sort of like the everything-else that turns Great Wolf Lodge into a "family resort" from a "kid's resort"...

Here's one of them
There should be one on the OSC imo... could you create that and share link

49% of spa clients are men. The myopic view that spas are for "nouveau riche" moms & daughters is outdated.

Another crazy idea! Lol

IMG_5596.png

From Global:

While the existing parking lot on the site can already host 700 vehicles, the Ministry of Infrastructure estimated the government would need to spend another $307 million to build an underground structure to accommodate another 2,000 vehicles.
---
The auditor discovered that the government’s obligation to build those spaces between 2028 and 2030 is, in part, driving the province’s decision to move the Ontario Science Centre to Ontario Place.

“The submission proposed that the new parking be integrated with the new Ontario Science Centre building in order to dispel public/stakeholder concerns relating to cost and impact on the environment,” the auditor’s report said.

Compare and contrast that to the amount of capital funding for OSC.

AoD

“The submission proposed that the new parking be integrated with the new Ontario Science Centre building in order to dispel public/stakeholder concerns relating to cost and impact on the environment,” the auditor’s report said.
Absolutely f***ing hilarious. So, we’re on the hook for a multi-hundred-million dollar parking garage being built in landfill next to a lake, and to hide the impact of this crazy decision they decided to move the OSC on top of it?

What kind of deals did Doug engineer at Deco Labels? Cause this one is…pretty damn bad.

Back