Toronto Ontario Line: Moss Park Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

It's a sheltered publicly accessible space in an urban environment.
Station is being built using cut-and-cover so the entire length of the station (platform and headhouse) will be excavated anyways, not sure if that makes a differernce.

For the New York subway comparison, it has smaller footprint. Notice how the elevator is in its own structure at the back. Whether it's a better setup is a matter of opinion.
NYC: smaller footprint, station is open to the elements
OL: larger footprint, station is sheltered
As I have noted in my previous post, a structure having escalators, elevator and waiting/gathering space under the roof, it is not large. Think of how this NYC subway entrance would look if the space between the escalator/stairs and elevator are covered up.

Here is a larger but similar 'transit sheltered" area in Bern, Switzerland.

IMG_1796.JPG

I like the yellow tiling and the high brownish ceiling, it's a shame about the grey. It looks half finished.

Some think grey is similar to the old Roman and Greek buildings. However, the ancient buildings were actually originally colourful. It was rain and weather that the colour faded away. They actually painted their statues to look lifelike.

1701722484394.png

Some think grey is similar to the old Roman and Greek buildings. However, the ancient buildings were actually originally colourful. It was rain and weather that the colour faded away. They actually painted their statues to look lifelike.

View attachment 524697
I realise that you are a new UTer (or an old one with a new handle?) but posting possibly interesting pieces that are of no real relevance to the thread or question at hand is really not a good idea. If you think the colour choices of ancient Greeks and Romans is of interest and appropriate for something called Urban Toronto you may want to create a new thread to discuss it.

I thought everyone knew of the render! Or at least that someone already posted it in the main Ontario Line thread.

I'm not in the master thread for the OL all that often; but I don't recall seeing it.

I just did a very cursory scan of the member images in that thread (they're indexed); I can't see it, but its a lot of pictures to look through, so I may have missed it.

At any rate, no worries.

But if you see a render, and you're not sure if its on UT, maybe have a quick look-see. Worst case, we have a second copy.

Just in case you're not sure (and for anyone else who might not know), there's a fairly easy way to check, in most threads.

Scroll to top of any page in a thread, and click on the thread title up top:

1701729571711.png

So the light blue in the box on the left. That will take you to the database page for the project.

Once you're there, you'll see a section labeled 'Member Photos'. If you click on the little square beneath that, beside the number of photos, you'll see a huge spread of all the images, generally indexed from most recent backwards.

1701729500468.png

Last edited:
...that yellow looks like yummy custard to me. So I hope they don't! <3

Reactions: T3G

Back