Toronto Ontario Line: Moss Park Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

It's a sheltered publicly accessible space in an urban environment.
Station is being built using cut-and-cover so the entire length of the station (platform and headhouse) will be excavated anyways, not sure if that makes a differernce.

For the New York subway comparison, it has smaller footprint. Notice how the elevator is in its own structure at the back. Whether it's a better setup is a matter of opinion.
NYC: smaller footprint, station is open to the elements
OL: larger footprint, station is sheltered
As I have noted in my previous post, a structure having escalators, elevator and waiting/gathering space under the roof, it is not large. Think of how this NYC subway entrance would look if the space between the escalator/stairs and elevator are covered up.

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

You Can see the William Allan mansion in the 1899 Fire Insurance Plan here - it was further north, and closer to Sherborne Street, roughly where the John Innes Community Recreation Centre is today.

1688759556090.png

That 1897 photo appears to be looking along the now defunct Herbert Place.

The foundations are likely of the storefronts located along Queen St south of the mansion.

You Can see the William Allan mansion in the 1899 Fire Insurance Plan here - it was further north, and closer to Sherborne Street, roughly where the John Innes Community Recreation Centre is today.

View attachment 490513

That 1897 photo appears to be looking along the now defunct Herbert Place.

The foundations are likely of the storefronts located along Queen St south of the mansion.
Ah, that makes sense then. I was thinking that was Queen St in the foreground.

Back