Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

In my mind, I'd barely call Line 4 purple. Looks more magenta to me. I'm not sure I'd call that Line 3 colour "darker purple" either.

1719228147165.png
1719228221891.png
I was downtown yesterday and saw a couple of these posters, the choice of pink font almost makes it seem like it's supposed to represent line 3's color, and I gotta say I'd even prefer that over the purple (but I still think blue wins hands down).

20240628_181333.jpg

I was downtown yesterday and saw a couple of these posters, the choice of pink font almost makes it seem like it's supposed to represent line 3's color, and I gotta say I'd even prefer that over the purple (but I still think blue wins hands down).

View attachment 576638
Looking through their website, I see that pink being used in a few places. It seemed to be quite prominent on some of the Ontario Line community stuff - but then I realised it was being used on the Eglinton West stuff as well.

I'd prefer the blue as well. I just don't seeing Metrolinx using the same colour twice - unless it reappeared on a north-south line in Durham or something ...

View attachment 576638
Yea I wouldn't put much weight into this since Metrolinx seems to have a hard time sticking to there own design rules that they paid lord knows how much money for. There are still 3 colours floating around for the Finch West Line (Magenta on the Metrolinx website, Gray on the maps, and teal at the stations).

View attachment 576638
Metrolinx has been using this pink for all their subway construction signage. For example at McCowan and Sheppard.

There are still 3 colours floating around for the Finch West Line (Magenta on the Metrolinx website, Gray on the maps, and teal at the stations).
Doesn't that just mean that Metrolinx takes liberty with colours in promo stuff?

But hang on - what do you mean teal at the stations? It looks like the same Light Grey spelling that TTC has been using for over a decade For Line 6. Where is there teal signage?

1719805543912.png

^^^ So it doesn't look like they're doing anything yet but what am I missing?

I see a looooong and tubular rebar cage presumably for the piles. They will drill down and put the rebar cage inside the hole and fill it with concrete to form the footings on the western side of the bridge. They'll have the do the same thing on the eastern side and the new bridge will rest on top of both these footings.

Seems like the east side is already done.

Colour me surprised! It indeed is completed and ready! Pic courtesy of @kotsy , sorry for missing it in my previous post!

East portal and bridge over the Don update

DJI_20240705151745_0637_D-2 copy.jpg

The bridge is a network tied arch bridge that looks like below:
1720468555529.png

Don't know how this will be constructed. Most likely brought to the site in segments and installed onsite.

Colour me surprised! It indeed is completed and ready! Pic courtesy of @kotsy , sorry for missing it in my previous post!

View attachment 578778

Don't know how this will be constructed. Most likely brought to the site in segments and installed onsite.
The construction of such a bridge piecemeal would require falsework in the river to support it. I'm not sure I see that happening.

I think what is more likely is that it will get assembled on dry land, and then swung into place in one operation.

Dan

View attachment 578778

Back when city approved a bunch of sidewalk especially around the downtown stations, there was a construction schedule for the bridge.
Somewhere around 2025-2026 is when it gets pushed into place with DVP closures possibly full closures

Back